- Yo-kai Watch: Main game series:
- Yo-kai Watch animation: Minor Yo-kai
BBQvil is a stout-built neck-less humanoid Yo-kai with a black unitard with red flames from the waist down and a crossbones-like design on his back that lead to black tiny shoes. He has beady eyes with yellowish sclera, a spherical nose, dull teal hair, a thin mustache, and short horns jutting from his skull, with some chest hair.
BBQvil also has two giant skewers with giant slabs of grilled meat skewered onto them.
Anyone inspirited by this Yo-kai will love meat to an almost zealous degree, and become bombastic about it and BBQ.
Yo-kai Watch 3
BBQvil can be found in East Pine.
He can also be found in the area behind the Hotel in East Pine and in the Bada-Bing Tower.
Lastly, he can be freed from the Dream Roulette with a Red Coin.
Yo-kai Watch Animated Series
After a long day of exploring his new town, making new friends at school and fighting new Yo-kai, Nate comes in EP132 home to a BBQ dinner and its revealed that his dad is inspirited again, this time by BBQvil. Instead of fighting him, Whisper instead suggests to let the Inspiriting effects last so they can all enjoy some American-styled shish-kabob BBQ.
- "Nikuyaki" is a kanji placement swap of yakiniku (Japanese: 焼肉), a Japanese catch-all term for grilled meat dishes, with the "ki" kana turning into a homophone for "oni".
- "Barbacoo" combines "Barbacoa" (Barbecue) and "Oni".
- "Barbecrudel" combines "Barbecue" and "Crudele" (cruel).
- "Grilluminati" is a pun on Grill and Illuminati.
BBQvil is portmantaue of BBQ an abrivation of Barbecue and Devil. His name could translate into Barbecuevil.
- Has a unique ability in the Yo-kai Vacuum Cleaner, where they "will only collect meat."
In other languages
- German: Grilluminati
- Italian: Barbecrudel
- Spanish: Barbacoo