- Yo-kai Watch: Main game series:
- Yo-kai Watch animation: Major Yo-kai
A white cat with red spots all over its body. Its inner-ear and nose are dull pinks. It has a gray Haramaki around its stomach and an aquamarine sphere attached to its collar. The flames on its tails are indigo. Since this Yo-kai is a fusion of Whisper and Jibanyan, they both fight over who controls the body.
They still retain their distinct personalities and are separated easily.
Yo-kai Watch 2
To befriend Buchinyan, the player needs to save a Yo-kai Cam picture to the 3DS in Yo-kai Watch, then switch to Yo-kai Watch 2 and go to Mt. Wildwood. Talk to Mister E. to receive a Select-A-Coin +. Use it on the Crank-a-kai and choose between Komasan, Noko, and Buchinyan. The coin can be received once a day for three days.
Selecting Buchinyan will make a cutscene play, where the player seemingly gets an empty capsule from the Crank-a-kai, only for it to pull in Jibanyan and Whisper, and ejecting Buchinyan a few seconds later. After giving the player his Medal, Buchinyan disappears, and Whisper and Jibanyan reappear, expressing discomfort over the fusion.
Yo-kai Watch Blasters
Buchinyan plays a role in the storyline, who is a high-ranking member of the Yo-kai Blaster Association.
Yo-kai Watch 3
Yo-kai Watch Busters 2
(Despite Buchinyan technically being a fusion of Jibanyan and Whisper, he cannot be obtained through Fusion.)
| Tolerance of attribute attack|
Strong × ⇒ △ ⇒ - ⇒ ○ ⇒ ◎ weak
|Button||Move / Description|
|X||Strengthen (Boosts one Yo-kai's attack power for a bit.)|
|Buchninyan Soul||Greatly ups enemies' likelihood to drop items. (Lv. 10)|
- Befriended: "You're very strong! Let's be friends forever!"
- Loafing: "Nya-whis!"
- Recieving Food (favorite): "Happinyess!"
- Recieving Food (normal): "Nyis is nyot bad!"
- Recieving Food (disliked): "Stop nyis now!"
- Being traded: "Whee! With me, you have a friend for life!"
- Being freed from the Crank-a-kai (Wibble Wobble): "I'm finally out! let's be together fornyever!"
In the anime
Yo-kai Watch anime series
In EP091, Whisper tried to get into a singing contest that Jibanyan was in and ended up crashing into him, creating Buchinyan. However, a photographer appeared and had Whisper detach himself for the shot, revealing that Whisper had merely wrapped himself around Jibanyan.
In Shogunyan Wants to Cut Hard Things, Shogunyan went on a rampage due to his obsession with wanting to cut tough material and Whisper and Jibanyan crashed into each other but this time they became stuck together, so Shogunyan used a special attack to divide them, which due to Whisper crashing into Shogunyan as a result, ironically caused Whisshogun to be created instead.
Yo-kai Watch: The Movie
In the anime, Buchinyan made his appearance alongside Darknyan as an unexpected fusion of Whisper and Jibanyan in Yo-kai Watch: The Movie. It was a means of defeating Dame Dedtime's final form, Dame Demona, formed when Whisper shoved himself into the path of the energizing blast that powered Hovernyan into Darknyan when Nate and Nathaniel meant to solely power up Jibanyan.
As Dame Dedtime needed to be defeated, Darknyan grabbed Buchinyan and manoeuvred the fusion towards a key spot, allowing Buchinyan to destroy her with his Flurry of Furry. Following that, the flightless Yo-kai crashed into the ground, defusing back into his components.
Yo-kai Watch the Movie: Lord Enma and the Five Tales, Nyan!
During the fifth and final chapter in the movie, Buchinyan appears as a major role, when Darknyan throws Jibanyan at Whisper, to fuse together. This was when Zazel was at his second power state, during the big fight.
"Buchinyan" is a combination of buchi (斑, "spots, mottles") and nyan.
- There is a running gag where Nate will point out how he doesn't need Whisper's parts.
- In Yo-kai Watch Blasters, Buchinyan is an entirely separate existing entity from Jibanyan and Whisper, implying that the Buchinyan that was created in the Select-A-Coin cutscene from Yo-kai Watch 2 went on to became part of the Yo-kai Blasters Association.
- Buchinyan is the first Yo-kai in English localization to retain it's verbal tic in the ingame text, where he says it upon loafing in Yo-kai Watch 2.
- He is one of the few fused Yo-kai where he's treated as two separate beings.
- Buchinyan, along with Jibakoma, are the only Yo-kai who are stated to be the result of two Yo-kai fusing together to not be befriended by Fusion within the games.
- Whisper's verbal tic is replaced with a chuckle when summoned by his English Yo-Motion medal.
- One of Buchinyan's victory dances shows that he can float like Whisper, though this is never shown outside of the game.
- In Yo-kai Watch 2 he has a Negative Inspirit but it was changed to a Positive Inspirit in Yo-kai Watch 3.
In other languages
Arabic: ويسبرنيان "Whisper nyan"