- Yo-kai Watch: Main game series:
- Yo-kai Watch animation: Minor Yo-kai
Dianyan is a pure diamond Yo-kai with big black eyes. Its muzzle and paw tips are solid white, while its inner-ear and nose are gold. Around its belly is a pure gold band to match it's collar, which has an ice blue sphere hanging from it. It has bright yellow tail-flames.
He tends to look down on other people without meaning to, which causes him to have no friends. He also likes to keep whatever he finds, even if it's not his.
His diamond paws can crush mountains according to him. Also, by rolling around, his diamond body can destroy anything.
Dianyan is in the northeast corner of Gourd Pond Museum's 2nd floor, which is located in Breezy Hills. He can be battled once a day until he's befriended through the regular method.
The player can be rewarded with Dianyan as a VIP reward for spending money on microtransactions.
Alternatively in Moon Rabbit Crew he can rarely be befriended as a reward for fighting Swirlious Gold.
Dianyan debuts in a brief appearance in Yo-kai Top Ten, claiming the #1 spot in a Yo-kai Top 10 countdown of the most popular Yo-kai despite not having made any appearances in the series up to that point.
Dianyan later appeared in Yo-kai Gojidatsujii, where he and all the other cat Yo-kai were summoned all together due to Misterr Typoo's power changed the Robonyan F's Dream medal's name to 'Nyan'. Unfortunately, shortly after Misterr Typoo ran away for his life, Nate accidentally said that he summoned all of them for nothing, thus unintentionally upsets the cat Yo-kai and this led to them proceed to beat up Nate and Whisper while welding shinai (a type of bamboo-made katana made for practicing kendo.) as the episode ends.
Dianyan can be freed from the Crank-a-Kai with either a Special Coin, a Souvenir Coin L, or a Souvenir Coin F.
Alternatively he can also be befriended in the area that becomes available when linking Sushi and Tempura together.
| Tolerance of attribute attack|
Strong × ⇒ △ ⇒ - ⇒ ○ ⇒ ◎ weak
- Befriended: "Your power is brillinyant! Do you want to be my friend?"
- Loafing: "Catnyap..."
- Being traded: "You're a diamond in the rough! Nyaow I can't wait to be friends!"
- Receiving food (favourite): "Nyumm..."
- Receiving food (normal): "Nyot bad..."
- Receiving food (disliked): "Nyo way!"
- Freed from the Crank-a-kai: "You sparkle like a polished diamond! What joy that you should free me!'"
- "Are you able to see me?! That's very, very interesting... There must be some kind of fate at play here. Should we have a battle? I will be here ready to take you on!"
- "Are you ready? Let's spar, nya."
- "Sometimes you need to retreat. A very wise decision, nya." \ "Come, I shall judge your strength!"
Post battle (was not befriended):
- "You are pretty strong. I'm impressed! I will be here, so come back when you're up for another battle!"
Post battle (was befriended):
- "You (sic) strength is very admirable. I've become very interested in you nyaow. I have decided. Please allow me to go with you."
After battle (trying to battle more than once a day):
- "There's nothing to be gained by hurrying. Let us spar another time, nya."
After battle (befriended):
- "Thank you. I will continue to dedicate myself to the path, nya."
"Dianyan" is a portmanteau of diamond and nyan, onomatopoeia for the sound a cat makes.
In Other Languages