- Yo-kai Watch: Wibble Wobble: Playable Yo-kai.
- Yo-kai Watch Busters 2: Playable Yo-kai
- Yo-kai Watch Shadowside animation: Supporting Yo-kai
- Yo-kai Watch!: Minor Yo-kai
Fudou Myouou is a large humanoid Yo-kai with dark grey skin, and long, white, braided hair.
His eyes are entirely blue, with yellow markings underneath them, and his ears are long and pointy. His hands have very long black fingernails. On his chest is a light blue gem, decorated with what appears to be pieces of gold, making it resemble an eye.
He is wearing a black kimono, with blue, flame-like patterns on his sleeves. There is a sun-like emblem on his belt, from which a faded yellow piece of cloth resembling an arrow extends downwards. He wears baggy, light grey pants and long, black, pointy boots.
Many years ago, the Fudou Raimeiken, the sword in which he resides, was sealed away by the past Enma, due to his strength becoming uncontrollable.
Yo-kai Watch Busters 2
There is a chance of befriending him when clearing the "Fudou Labyrinth" (Japanese: 不動の迷宮 Fudō no Meikyū) dungeon and besting him in battle.
The dungeon can be accessed with the item "Fudou Stone ∞" (Japanese: 不動ストーン∞ Fudō Sutōn Mugen).
Yo-kai Watch 4
Yo-kai Watch: Wibble Wobble
In the anime
Fudou appears in one of the Enma Budokai segments where he challenges Koma Kaachan to a duel.
Fudou Myouou makes an appearance in Yo-kai Watch Shadowside: The Return of the Oni King.
In the movie, Enma is searching for the Fudou Raimeiken to defeat the Oniou Rasen, but the sword is sealed away in a stone. Enma can't remove it because his answer doesn't please Fudou Myouou, so Enma asks Touma to draw the sword from the stone. Fudou Myouou questions him on why he needs the sword and Touma uses the Yo-kai Watch Ogre to transform into Yoshitsune, to answer his question with harmony, so Fudou Myouou lets Touma keep the Fudou Raimeiken. After Rasen's armor is broken, Touma uses the Fudou Raimeiken to transform into Fudou Myouou. Neither are able to overpower the other, due to the fact that they both posses equal speed. However, the newly formed Yami Enma manages to hold Rasen in place, using his "Darkness Binding" attack, allowing Fudou Myouou to cleave Rasen's head off. Touma then reverts back to normal, before being attacked by Rasen's decapitated head.
Yo-kai Watch Shadowside Anime
In SS012 he lets himself get taken away from Touma by Haruya, with the promised that by joining Haruya he would get the chance to prove himself against other Kenbumajin.
In SS014, Fukurou forces the Fudou Raimeiken into himself to turn into Fudou Myouou, the strong rejection causes an anomaly and instead summons a berserk Fudou Myouou Ja. After being defeated by Suzaku, Touma recovers the Fudou Raimeiken. He then turns into Fudou Myouou Ten to finish off Shinmagunjin Fukurou.
Fudou Myouou (Japanese: 不動明王 Fudō Myōō) would literally translate to “Immovable Wisdom King”.
Fudō Myōō is the Japanese name of Acala, a protective deity primarily revered in Vajrayana Buddhism, and one of the Wisdom Kings.
- In Yo-kai Watch 4 , when using Touma, he can use possession summon to transform into Fudou Myouou.
- At the CEDEC+KYUSHU 2016 event held in October 2016, character designer Takuzo Nagano was tasked 20 minutes to design a character based around the words Godoku Todoumaru (豪傑 轟丸). The completed design strongly bears resemblance to Fudou Myouou and Shutendoji in terms of influenced elements, likely meaning that Yo-kai Watch Shadowside was in development since 2016.
- Fudou Myouou is the only Kenbumajin to appear with more than one form.
- He is the only Kenbumajin to appear in Yo-kai Watch!.
In other languages
Japanese: 不動明王 Fudō Myōō Chinese: 不動明王降臨 Bùdòng míngwáng jiànglín