Hailey Anne Thomas (Japanese: 未空 イナホ Misora Inaho) is one of the main characters in the Yo-kai Watch series. She appears as a protagonist in the Yo-kai Watch anime, when she first appeared in Usapyon Is Here!. She is playable in the main storyline of Yo-kai Watch 3, while she appears as a minor character in Yo-kai Watch 4.
She is a girl who bears a Yo-kai Watch Model U, which was originally bought from an anime hobby store after the figurine she wanted was sold out. She is also friends with Yo-kai Usapyon, who owns a Yo-kai Pad and guides her in the same vein as Whisper.
- 1 Appearances
- 2 Physical Traits
- 3 Profile
- 4 In the anime
- 5 Relationships
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 In other languages
- 9 References
- Yo-kai Watch 3: Playable protagonist
- Yo-kai Watch 4: Minor character
- Yo-kai Watch Dance: Just Dance Special Version: Cameo character
- Yo-kai Watch: Wibble Wobble: Cameo character*
- Yo-kai Watch anime series: Major protagonist
- Yo-kai Watch the Movie: Lord Enma and the Five Tales, Nyan!: Major protagonist
- Yo-kai Watch the Movie: The Great Adventure of the Flying Whale & the Double World, Nyan!: Cameo character
- Yo-kai Watch the Movie: FOREVER FRIENDS: Cameo character
- Yo-kai Watch Manga: Major Character
Hailey is a short elementary school student who is around the same age as Nate. She is light-skinned and has purple/violet short hair with a front bang. She wears big round glasses and has violet-blue eye color with black pupils. She wears a blue shirt with a yellow music note pattern on the left side of her chest, with a pink cardigan with white and blue colors on the sleeves over it. She wears as well a white skirt with blue leggings and yellow converses with white shoe laces and white tips on her shoes.
She wears her Yo-kai Watch on her left wrist, which is of a Model U Prototype that would later become a Yo-kai Watch Model U2.
On daily life occurrences, she wears a pink shirt with white lines around the sleeve and a white skirt with gray buttons. She as well once wore a coral colored shirt with a flower print on it. However, her appearance varies during the animated series and in Yo-kai Watch 3.
Hailey tends to talks a lot and loves anything space-related. She is a bit of an otaku and has a huge collection of space-themed and anime merchandise. Sometimes, Hailey has a short attention span and tends to not notice how she annoys her Yo-kai partner Usapyon with her antics.
She can also be a bit of an airhead, tending to associate anything and everything in her life, from mundane tasks to objects to genuine danger posed by certain Yo-kai, with episodes after her favorite show, Sailor Cuties much to Usapyon's annoyance. Whenever something doesn't turn out to be an alien or anything space-related, she easily becomes disappointed and uninterested.
Hailey is a playable character in this game. She gets the Yo-kai Watch from an anime store and meets Usapyon in an alleyway. They have adventures together later in the story and later start the Ha-pyon Detective Agency (when you play the game as her, you can do any name you want for the agency but Usapyon will also suggest the first two letters of your name merged with -pyon) which solves mysteries later in the story and is the main source of quests for Hailey.
In Chapter 7, she befriends Buck when they solve a mystery about Hazeltine Mansion.
Hailey first appears in Chapter 5 when she notices that Yo-kai from the future have been appearing in the present. She asks Nate, Natsume, Touma and Akinori to find out what is the cause of it.
Later on, she gets kidnapped by Fukurou, with the Yo-kai thinking that she is the princess.
She later appears in a Chapter 5 quest as an opportunity to befriend Usapyon.
In the anime
- Main article: Hailey Thomas (anime)
Isabel, Chloe and Sydney
- Hailey's Japanese catchphrase "Chiwatchi!", combined with the arm motion she does when greeting a Yo-kai, is a reference to Ultraman, where the arm motion is based off of Ultraman's arm position for the Spacium Ray.
- In early stages of localization, Hailey's name was Gracie. This is present, according to some unused lines in the Uptown Springdale and Breezy Hills maps of Yo-kai Watch: Wibble Wobble.
- In these same lines of text, it can be seen that Sailor Cuties was going to be called Sailor Star and that her Japanese catchphrase "Chiwatchi!" was localized to "Watch Up!"
- Hailey is the first playable protagonist to have localized names in different languages as opposed to using the same English name.
- Hailey and Nate sometimes coincide with each other:
- The two first met each other during the second movie of Yo-kai Watch: M02.
- Hailey and Nate both race against each other in EP119.
- Nate helps Hailey solve her conflict with Usapyon in EP134
- Nate and Hailey tries to win the Space Wars X Sailor Cuties Box, but they both fail in EP149
- The two meet each other in Yo-kai Watch 3 as they team up to stop The Ghoulfather when he wants to create a world to his liking.
- Her full first name "Hailey Anne" is a play on the word "alien".
- Her name "Hailey" might also be a reference to Halley's Comet, Hailey being one of pronunciation and spellings of Halley's Comet.
- In the early episodes of Season 3 for Yo-kai Watch, Hailey Anne said "Hold the phone" as a catchphrase but in Yo-kai Watch 3 she says "Psych!"
- She is shown to be at least somewhat insecure of herself, as shown through dialogue in a rare event that can occur when climbing the pole in front of Springdale Elementary, in which she hallucinates a giant version of her head going through a wall before disappearing.
- At the LEVEL 5 VISION 2015 - THE BEGINNING event during the reveal of the second season, voice actress Aoi Yuki said that she used "quick words" and "ad-libs" in her sentences to capture the epitome of a sci-fi nerd for her character.
- Her voice actor Erika Harlacher also voices Ann Takamaki from Persona 5.
- Coincidentally, both have the words OMG (Ann's All-out attack and Hailey's first cutscene in Yo-Kai Watch 3) and they are interested in the color pink.
- Main article: Hailey Thomas/Gallery
In other languages
|Japanese||未空 イナホ Misora Inaho|
|Chinese (Cantonese)*||未空稻穗 Wèi kōng dào suì|
|Portuguese (Brazilian)||Ana Thomas|