He is one of the Yo-kai required to unlock Shogunyan.
- Yo-kai Watch: Main game series:
- Yo-kai Watch animation: Major Yo-kai
Happierre has a yellow, gaseous-looking body, with diminutive arms. He sports squinty eyes, a wide mouth, and a green mustache, vaguely resembling a Dali style. His hair is green and styled to resemble a normal haircut, and has a daisy on the top.
Happierre shows a cheerful disposition, which is evidenced by his constant smile. He is calm, gentle and most of the time, he tries to solve problems in a peaceful manner, for it is the main reason of his summoning by Nathan.
In the Japanese versions, he always ends his statements with "-bono". In the U.S. translated dub, he is characterized with a French accent, ending some phrases with "hohoho."
Happierre's aura warms and smooths the atmosphere where he is present, ensuring a cheerful and amiable disposition of the people on it. Said aura can negate the dampening effects of Dismarelda, normalizing the atmosphere. This ability has also been shown to negate Cynake's inspiriting.
Dismarelda is Happierre's wife, and the couple usually get along very well. However, sometimes they tend to argue with each other. When not, they spend time together, as seen with having vacations in Hawaii and going shopping.
Happierre appears on treetops in Graduate Street and the Station Square (Downtown Springdale).
He can also be freed from the Crank-a-kai with a Green Coin.
Happierre appears on Blossom Heights and in the trees of the Excellent Expressway in the Present, and Station South (Old Springdale).
Yo-kai Watch Animation Series
Happierre makes his debut in the first episode of the anime, EP001, when Whisper brings him to Nathan's house in order to make amends with Dismarelda and thus, preventing Nathan's parents to break their marriage due to her aura. Dismarelda quickly makes peace with Happierre, and the resulting combination of their auras eases the atmosphere and causes Nathan's parents to do the same. Sometime after leaving, he and Dismarelda give Nate their Yo-kai Medals.
Happierre and Dismarelda are both summoned by Nate in EP008 to try and get Jibanyan out of Nate's room. They melt under the door and slide Jibanyan out. They then leave to go to their romantic getaway.
He appeared in the movie in M01, where he used his Soultimate, "Air Of Happiness" to calm down the Wicked but also causing Mermaidyn and Walkappa to become inspirited themselves by Happierre's happy aura.
Yo-kai Watch 3
Happierre can be found in trees in Uptown Springdale during day.
He can be also freed from the Crank-a-kai using a Green Coin.
- "Happierre" is a portmanteau of happy and the male name Pierre, reflecting his French accent. Coincidentally, he shares the same name as Pierre Holloway, the pseudonym of his voice actor, Paul Greenberg.
- "Honobōno" is a play on honobono (ほのぼの, "heartwarming")
- Happierre's first appearance in the first Yo-kai Watch video game parallels his first appearance in the anime, with the difference being that he does not give his Yo-kai Medal to the player before leaving.
- Happierre's marriage to Dismarelda could be a nod to the old adage "opposites attract" as both Yo-Kai have romantic interest in one another but have complete opposite personalities and effects on humans.
- During a case that Hailey and Usapyon took on, it is revealed that Dismerelda and Happierre were a couple back when they were alive as well.
- When snapped in the Yo-kai Cam, his tip is "Your smiling face brightens the mood around you!"
- The only two times when Happierre got angry are in EP073 when Irewig used his pincers to poke him and in EP107 when he finds out that Whisper can't even remember his name.
- In EP145, it is shown that Happierre has legs.
- In the Spain Spanish dub, Happierre speaks with an Argentina accent.
In other languages
- Arabic: بشوش