His given name is Kouen (Japanese: 煌炎 Kōen).
- Yo-kai Watch: Main game series:
- Yo-kai Watch animation: Minor Yo-kai
- Yo-kai Watch the Movie: Enma Daiou and Five Stories Nyan!: Major Yo-kai
- Yo-kai Watch the Movie: The Great Adventure of the Flying Whale & the Double World, Nyan!: Major Yo-kai
- Yo-kai Watch Shadowside: Return of the Oni King: Major Yo-kai
- Yo-kai Watch: Forever Friends: Major Yo-kai
- Yo-kai Watch Shadowside (anime): Minor Yo-kai
- Yo-kai Watch!: Major Yo-kai
- Yo-kai Watch Jam - Yo-kai Academy Y: Close Encounters of the N Kind: Minor Yo-kai
At some point following the death of Ancient Enma, the succession was handed to the next Enma, who so happened to be Ancient Enma's only grandson. Lord Enma is a humanoid Yo-kai with ruddy skin, amber eyes and spiky blond hair.
Just like his predecessor, he wears traditional royal attire consisting of a red, long-sleeved garb with maroon-colored stitched sleeves; a maroon-colored, gold-trimmed sash worn over the shoulders and connected by a golden ornament across the chest; and a blue-gray, gold-trim waist skirt secured by a maroon sash.
His human form has tanned skin, but of a more human shade of brown, with dull brown eyes, and black hair that retains its spikiness. While dressed in a more casual manner, he does retain a penchant to wear ornaments.
In Y-Gakuen, Lord Enma is a tall humanoid Yo-kai with ruddy skin, amber and golden yellow eyes and spiky blond hair. He wears black double diamond-shaped earrings and a Ferrari red and gunmetal black robe with a long tassel-like piece of cloth with maroon red, black and gold trimming ends dangling from the elbows of the sleeves. The robe's forearms are decorated with the sun and moon symbols typical for Enma attire and has a black breast plate with green lining and a black neck armor with yellow lining. The robe is also held in place by a dark blue sash decorated with the "王"(Japanese: Ō "king") kanji on the golden trimmed buckle. The buckle also comes with a maroon red tie diamond-shaped loincloth with gold trimming and a wisp symbol. Lord Enma also wears dark maroon shoes with golden trimming.
Yo-kai Watch: Wibble Wobble
Lord Enma appeared in the Second Movie Event where he was added to the Crank-a-kai and was available in the event map Enma's Mansion.
Yo-kai Watch Blasters
In the Moon Rabbit Crew Update, if you've scanned the Enma Medal QR code, which is found in the debut of M02 in theaters or online, he has a small chance of befriending you after you clear the Lord Enma and the Five Trials mission; Note: the recommended level is Level 84 so prepare accordingly.
In this game he's classified as a Fighter Role giving him access to "Blaze", "Power Attack", "Invincibility Stance", and his trademark move "Enma Orb", but he has three unique equips exclusive to him that change his role and giving him role appropriate moves for them:
- The Valiant Bracelet which turns him into the Tank role with access to "Guard", "Ultra Forcefeild", and "Double Discourage"; the item can be obtained via QR code.
- The Gentle Bracelet which turns him into the Healer role with access to "Circle Restore", "Purifying", and "Paradise"; the item can be obtained via QR code.
- And the Virtuous Bracelet turns him into the Ranger role, giving him the highest stat boosts from any equipment in the game and access to "Zaptrap" and "Multi Stat Inspirit". Unlike the other two, the only way to obtain this equipment is as a 1st prize for beating the ultra variant of Zazel in the Big Boss Missions, where it's more likely to be handed out with the more Red Cat Corp Members with you.
Yo-kai Watch 3
In Version 2.0 Lord Enma can be befriended in a sidequest, the prerequisites for this quest to appear are clearing a Kyubi sidequest, clearing Chapter 10, having scanned a Qr code to obtain the Inferno Report, and having the Rank S Watch.
Despite Zazel's actions of severing ties of humans and Yo-kai in M02, Enma still has him as his servant, and they promised to make a better world for humans and Yo-kai together. In the third movie, they seem to be returned to be friends.
The previous King Enma, Ancient Enma, is his grandfather. However, in Yo-kai Watch 4++, it is revealed that the Shadow History (Japanese: 影歴史 Kagerekishi) (a hex which erases the existence of the one it’s used on from all history and memory of the Yo-kai.) erased everyone's memories of Shien, even Enma and Zazel forgot. Now the Watchers, and some Yo-kai, learned from Lord Enma that he is actually Ancient Enma's son.
Lucas is his uncle, as revealed in Yo-kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki. However, in Yo-kai Watch 4++, it is revealed that the Shadow History (Japanese: 影歴史 Kagerekishi) erased everyone's memories of Shien. Now the Watchers, and some Yo-kai, learned from Lord Enma that he is actually Ancient Enma's son, making him Lucas' older brother.
Without the Enma Blade
With the Enma Blade
| Tolerance of attribute attack|
Strong × ⇒ △ ⇒ - ⇒ ○ ⇒ ◎ weak
Enma Blade Unequipped
Enma Blade Equipped
In the anime
- Main article: Lord Enma (anime)
Lord Enma is based on Yama (or Enma in Japanese), a deity of Hindu origins introduced to Japan by Buddhist monks; a dharmapala (wrathful protector of Buddhist precepts) and judge of the dead said to preside over the underworld and the saṃsāra, the cycle of death and reincarnation. He appears as an imposing, ruddy-faced man with a pitch-black beard and a menacing scowl, dressed in the garbs of a Tang Dynasty government official. From his seat he examines the sins of each soul, tests their virtue and sends them to their final destination, and has many demonic servants to carry out his orders. His most prized possessions are a scroll with the name of every soul on earth and the Cleansed Crystal Mirror, which reflects a person's past in perfect detail. Strict and pitiless in his judgement, parents would often invoke his name when scolding children, saying "If you're lying, Enma will pull out your tongue!"
In Japanese Buddhism, Yama is believed to be an aspect of Jizō (Kshitigarbha in Sanskrit), the compassionate bodhisattva who protects children and travelers and vowed to never ascend to Buddhahood until every soul in Naraka is saved. This reframes Enma's mercilessness as Jizō's secret kindness, intimidating mortals and putting them through trials to spare them the sorrows of Naraka in the first place.
- In Yo-kai Watch 3, three of Lord Enma's random nicknames are Gawko, Freezer and Veggie. These most likely are a reference to Goku, Frieza and Vegeta from the Dragon Ball Z series.
- In Yo-kai Watch the Movie: Enma Daiou and the Five Stories, Nyan!, Lord Enma is so powerful that two copies of the Yo-kai Watch Model U are needed to summon him.
- in the localization versions of Yo-kai Watch Blasters and in Yo-kai Watch 3 Lord Enma's summoning song is not available
- However, Nate is later able to summon Enma by himself with no issue. This could possibly be because the seal on the medal was already broken.
- Lord Enma's Soultimate is named "Enmergy Blast" in Yo-kai Watch: Wibble Wobble; however, it was renamed to "Supreme Enma Blast" in Yo-kai Watch Blasters.
- Lord Enma and Zazel appears in the ending of Yo-kai Watch 3.
- In Yo-kai Watch 3, Lord Enma and Lord Enma Awoken can equip the Enma Blade. Equipping the Enma Blade on them changes their Attack, Soultimate, and Skill, as well as increasing their STR by 100 and reducing DEF by 100
- In most media appearances, Lord Enma is voiced by Ryouhei Kimura. However, in Yo-kai Watch the Movie: The Great Adventure of the Flying Whale & the Double World, Nyan!, Lord Enma is portrayed by Kento Yamazaki during the live-action sequences.
- During the movie, every time the summoning song for the Enma tribe plays, Lord Enma and Zazel are forced to dance against their will, much to the chagrin of both of them.
In other languages
|Japanese||エンマ大王 Enma Daiō|
|Italian||Enma il Grande|