- Yo-kai Watch: Main game series:
- Yo-kai Watch animation: Minor Yo-kai
- Yo-kai Watch the Movie: Enma Daiou and Five Stories Nyan!: Major Yo-kai
- Yo-kai Watch the Movie: The Great Adventure of the Flying Whale & the Double World, Nyan!: Major Yo-kai
- Yo-kai Watch Shadowside: Return of the Oni King: Major Yo-kai
- Yo-kai Watch: Forever Friends: Major Yo-kai
At some point after Ancient Enma died, the current one became the new king of the Yo-kai. He also happens to be Ancient Enma's only grandson. Lord Enma is a humanoid Yo-kai with ruddy skin, amber eyes and spiky blond hair.
Just like his predecessor he wears a Royal traditional attire red in color with the end of the sleeves maroon in color, and attired with maroon-colored shoulder pads finely crafted with gold pieces, which are connected at the chest by a golden ornament, as well of a dark blue pad sported on the waist and crafted with gold, fastened with a maroon sash.
His human form has tanned skin, but of a more human shade of brown, with dull brown eyes, and black hair that retains its spikiness. While dressed in a more casual manner, he does retain a penchant to wear ornaments.
Because he is a reincarnation of Itsuki, his appearance resembles him.
Yo-kai Watch: Wibble Wobble
Lord Enma appeared in the Second Movie Event where he was added to the Crank-a-kai and was available in the event map Enma's Mansion.
Yo-kai Watch the Movie: Enma Daiou and the Five Stories, Nyan!
Lord Enma first appears in the prologue (Chapter 1), exploring the human world in his human form. Nate manages to save his life as he was about to get crushed by a pile of pipes that were about to fall on top of him. This results in him sending out Demon Okure to temporarily turn him into a Yo-kai. When Nate turns back to normal near the end of the chapter, Lord Enma gives him his medal.
While Enma doesn't directly appear in Chapter 2, during the epilogue, he states that he was the one responsible for sending Jibanyan, Robonyan, and Shogunyan into the future during his speech of looking into the relationship between Humans and Yo-Kai.
In Chapter 3, he is the one responsible for delivering Komasaburo to Koma Kaachan. Later, when Komasan attempts to get Komasaburo to safety, he summons a supersized and hostile Dromp to take the child, though Komasan is able to successfully save the boy. Throughout the chapter, despite being unseen by anyone, he remains in his human form.
Enma's only appearance in Chapter 4 is a slight cameo near the end of the chapter, sitting by the hospital in his human form, before teleporting away.
Enma's first appearance in the epilogue/Chapter 5 has him seemingly locked up in his room by Zazel, attempting to take charge of the Yo-Kai World himself, and again in a flashback where Zazel questions why he is allowing Humans and Yo-Kai to integrate. He later appears in person in his real form when Nate and Hailey use both of their watches to summon him in order to take down Zazelmare, in which he reveals he was only pretending to be captured and had studied Humans and Yo-Kai by preforming tests. After beating Zazelmare, he is able to convince Zazel into joining him to make a new world, and allows Yo-Kai to integrate with humans again.
During the credits scene, there is a scene of him doing some work while Aristokat and Duke Doggy attempt to put together some scrolls. Enma gets bored of the situation but quickly gets back to work following a glare from Zazel.
Yo-kai Watch the Movie: The Great Adventure of the Flying Whale & the Double World, Nyan!
Lord Enma (portrayed by Kento Yamazaki) first appears in the movie, during the live-action sequences. The first scene showed he and Zazel (portrayed by Takumi Saitou) noticing their realistic looks, which Enma quoted when he was looking at himself in the mirror, had "seemed to have developed further into perfection."
Also, when Nate inserted Lord Enma's Dream Medal into the Dream Watch (which was in Dream Link with the Enma Blade), a small glimpse of Lord Enma is shown.
He appeared with Zazel again during the credits as a small scene (which was to the tune of the remixed version of Yo-kai Exercise No. 1).
Yo-kai Watch animation Series
Lord Enma makes his first appearance in EP098, by a cameo in his human form.
In EP194, Lord Enma and Zazel held a contest on Halloween to see how many tricks Yo-kai can pull (each trick was amount a fixed amount of points, tricking either Enma or Zazel was worth more points) and the winner gets to stay in Lord Enma's palace for a while. Near the end of the deadline, Whisper manages to get past Zazel's attack and finally hits Lord Enma with a hammer, but he is two seconds past midnight causing an angered Lord Enma to blow up Whisper with his soultimate.
Yo-kai Watch Blasters
In the Moon Rabbit Crew Update, if you've scanned the Enma Medal QR code, which is found in the debut of M02 in theaters or online, he has a small chance of befriending you after you clear the Lord Enma and the Five Trials mission; Note: the recommended level is Level 84 so prepare accordingly.
In this game he's classified as a Fighter Role giving him access to "Blaze", "Power Attack", "Invincibility Stance", and his trademark move "Enma Orb", but he has three unique equips exclusive to him that change his role and giving him role appropriate moves for them:
- The Valiant Bracelet which turns him into the Tank role with access to "Guard", "Ultra Forcefeild", and "Double Discourage"; the item can be obtained via QR code.
- The Gentle Bracelet which turns him into the Healer role with access to "Circle Restore", "Purifying", and "Paradise"; the item can be obtained via QR code.
- And the Virtuous Bracelet turns him into the Ranger role, giving him the highest stat boosts from any equipment in the game and access to "Zaptrap" and "Multi Stat Inspirit". Unlike the other two, the only way to obtain this equipment is as a 1st prize for beating the ultra variant of Zazel in the Big Boss Missions, where it's more likely to be handed out with the more Red Cat Corp Members with you.
Yo-kai Watch 3
In Version 2.0 Lord Enma can be befriended in a sidequest, the prerequisites for this quest to appear are clearing a Kyubi sidequest, clearing Chapter 10, and having the Rank S Watch.
Despite Zazel's actions of severing ties of humans and Yo-kai in M02, Enma still has him as his servant, and they promised to make a better world for humans and Yo-kai together. In the third movie, they seem to be returned to be friends.
The previous King Enma, Ancient Enma, is his grandfather.
Lucas is his uncle, as revealed in Yo-kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki.
| Tolerance of attribute attack|
Strong × ⇒ △ ⇒ - ⇒ ○ ⇒ ◎ weak
Enma Blade Unequipped
Enma Blade Equipped
Lord Enma is based on Yama (or Enma in Japanese), a deity of Hindu origins introduced to Japan by Buddhist monks; a dharmapala (wrathful protector of Buddhist precepts) and judge of the dead said to preside over the underworld and the saṃsāra, the cycle of death and reincarnation. He appears as an imposing, ruddy-faced man with a pitch-black beard and a menacing scowl, dressed in the garbs of a Tang Dynasty government official. From his seat he examines the sins of each soul, tests their virtue and sends them to their final destination, and has many demonic servants to carry out his orders. His most prized possessions are a scroll with the name of every soul on earth and the Cleansed Crystal Mirror, which reflects a person's past in perfect detail. Strict and pitiless in his judgement, parents would often invoke his name when scolding children, saying "If you're lying, Enma will pull out your tongue!"
In Japanese Buddhism, Yama is believed to be an aspect of Jizō (Kshitigarbha in Sanskrit), the compassionate bodhisattva who protects children and travelers and vowed to never ascend to Buddhahood until every soul in Naraka is saved. This reframes Enma's mercilessness as Jizō's secret kindness, intimidating mortals and putting them through trials to spare them the sorrows of Naraka in the first place.
- In Yo-kai Watch 3, three of Lord Enma's random nicknames are Gawko, Freezer and Veggie. These most likely are a reference to Goku, Frieza and Vegeta from the Dragon Ball Z series.
- In Yo-kai Watch the Movie: Enma Daiou and the Five Stories, Nyan!, Lord Enma is so powerful that two copies of the Yo-kai Watch Model U are needed to summon him.
- However, Nate is later able to summon Enma by himself with no issue. This could possibly be because the seal on the medal was already broken.
- Lord Enma's Soultimate is named "Enmergy Blast" in Yo-kai Watch: Wibble Wobble; however, it was renamed to "Supreme Enma Blast" in Yo-kai Watch Blasters.
- Lord Enma and Zazel appears in the ending of Yo-kai Watch 3.
- In Yo-kai Watch 3, Lord Enma and Lord Enma Awoken can equip the Enma Blade. Equipping the Enma Blade on them changes their Attack, Soultimate, and Skill, as well as increasing their STR by 100 and reducing DEF by 100
- In most media appearances, Lord Enma is voiced by Ryouhei Kimura. However, in Yo-kai Watch the Movie: The Great Adventure of the Flying Whale & the Double World, Nyan!, Lord Enma is portrayed by Kento Yamazaki during the live-action sequences.
- During the movie, every time the summoning song for the Enma tribe plays, Lord Enma and Zazel are forced to dance against their will, much to the chagrin of both of them.
In other languages
|Italian||Enma il Grande|
English: Lord Enma
Korean: 염라대왕 yeomladaewang