- Yo-kai Watch: Main game series, spin-offs, and mobile game:
Melonyan is a melon-themed cat with rich green coloring and lines of pale green all over its body. Most of its face is pale green with gold coloring in the center - matching its inner-ear, chest, and paw tips. Its eyes are black and it's nose peach. At the center of its head rests a Melon stem. A gold and green-themed band is around Melonyan's stomach, while a thin collar holds a rich orange sphere, which matches the flames on its tails.
Melonyan can be obtained as a special treasure drop for beating Ultra Kat Kraydel with 4 White Dog Squad players.
Melonyan can be freed from the Crank-a-kai through a 5-Star Coin
Melonyan can be battled and befriended through the restaurant only available after linking all 3 versions. Alternatively Melonyan can be freed from the Crank-a-kai through a Iron Bowl coin
| Tolerance of attribute attack|
Strong × ⇒ △ ⇒ - ⇒ ○ ⇒ ◎ weak
- Befriended: "You have a discerning eye, nya! Let's be friends, nya!"
- Befriended (Yo-kai Watch: Wibble Wobble): "I'll be friends with you, if you take me shopping."
- Loafing: "Nyo...so...bland."
- Being traded: "From farm to friend! Nya!"
- Receiving food (favourite): "This is it, nyeah!"
- Receiving food (normal): "*chew*"
- Receiving food (disliked): "Nyasty..."
- Freed from the Crank-a-kai: "Thank you for freeing me, the nyicest fruit in town!"
His name is a combination of the word Melon and nyan, the sound a cat makes.
- Melonyan makes several references to being "expensive," both in his Medallium entry and in his catchphrase. This is because in Japan, cantaloupe melons are extremely expensive, going for around ¥4,000 each, which in USD is roughly $36.28.
In other languages
- Italian: Melonyan
- German: Kantalupnyan
- Portuguese (Brazil): Melãonyan