- Yo-kai Watch: Main game series:
- Yo-kai Watch animation: Minor Yo-kai
A white male mannequin with glassy eyes, wearing a red loincloth. This was changed to shorts in the English dub.
Mimikin has a fixation on mimicking people, often doing so poorly in order to make fun of them. In turn, he doesn't appreciate being fun of in the same manner. He often says "Copy!" and phrases such as "Copy that!" as a verbal tic.
Mimikin causes the Inspirited person to imitate others, usually very poorly in order to humiliate the imitated target.
In the anime, Mimikin, when first confronted by Robonyan, performs an atrocious impression of said robot Yo-kai, who then proceeds to mimic Mimikin perfectly and make fun of him. Ashamed, Mimikin begs Robonyan to tutor him in the art of mimicry.
Mimikin can be found in Springdale Elementary at night.
Yo-kai Watch 3
Mimikin can be found in Breezy Hills.
- [JP] ???
- [EU] Unavailable
- [USA] Mission reward. Sign in on two different days.
Yo-kai Watch Animation Series
Mimikin first appears in Yo-kai Mimikin, when he posseses Katie into rudely mimicking the homeroom teacher. Nate identifies Mimikin, who causes Katie to mimic Nate and Whisper horribly before running off to the rooftop. Nate summons Jibanyan, but Mimikin mimics his obsession with Next HarMEOWny, causing Jibanyan to run off crying. Nate then summons Robonyan, who Mimikin gives an atrocious impression of. Robonyan derides Mimikin's attempt as poor and scans Mimikin's DNA, transforming into an exact copy of Mimikin. Robonyan then does an impression of Mimikin, calling himself the "least entertaining Yo-kai", humiliating Mimikin into submission. Just as Robonyan attempts to leave, Mimikin grabs him and pleads with Robonyan to teach him how to make perfect impressions. Robonyan accepts, and Mimikin apologizes to Nate, giving him his Yo-kai Medal. He is seen later training with Robonyan by mimicking him.
Mimikin reappears in Pho-Nate, when it is revealed he is the one who, using his new ability to transform into Nate, impersonated him and visited Katie, Bear, and Eddie, and give them a strange impression of Nate. As Nate confronts Mimikin, Robonyan appears and explains to the boy his double is taking a test to prove his mimicking skills, announcing that Mimikin would take Nate's place for a day and should he doesn't create suspicions, he would pass. Mimikin then tries to pass as Nate, but his performance is exaggerated. Despite this he pass and the next day, with newfound confidence, uses Nate's appearance to make his classmates laugh, much to the real Nate's dismay.
| Tolerance of attribute attack|
Strong × ⇒ △ ⇒ - ⇒ ○ ⇒ ◎ weak
- Befriended (Yo-kai Watch 2): "You're the real deal, looks and all! We should be friends!"
- Loafing: "Mimicking's tiring."
- Receiving food (favourite): "Yum..."
- Receiving food (normal): "Eh, that was fine."
- Receiving food (disliked): "Nasty..."
- Freed from Crank-a-kai (Yo-kai Watch 2): "I'm free! Can i borrow some clothes that exactly matches your style?"
- "Monomannequin" is a portmanteau of monomane (Japanese: 物まね "mimicry") and mannequin.
- "Mimikin" combines the words "mimic" and "mannequin".
- "Mimoniqui" combines "mimo" (mime) and "maniquí" (mannequin).
- Mimikin's "random" nicknames in Yo-kai Watch 2 are: Manny, Mimic, Copykid, and Jerome.
In other languages
- Italian: Pupomimo
- German: Mimikini
- Spanish: Mimoniquí
- French: Humainequin
- Portuguese (Brazil): Mimiquinho