- Yo-kai Watch: Boss Yo-kai
- Yo-kai Watch 2: Boss Yo-kai
- Yo-kai Watch: Wibble Wobble: Boss Yo-kai
- Yo-kai Watch: Medal Wars: Boss Yo-kai
Phantasmurai appears as a large pale blue ghostly entity clad in red samurai armor with gilded accents, which consists of sode (shoulder armor), kote (sleeve guards), a cuirass with a cross-shaped crack on the center, and kusazuri. He wears a red oni mask with pale blue eyes and black sclera, a golden headpiece with a flowing white wigholds, and wields a katana in one hand.
Inside the cuirass is his true identity; a small mouse with cornflower blue fur, white paws, and a yellow moon marking on its head. It wears a pale orange vest with geta sandals.
Phantasmurai appears as the Boss of chapter 8, encountered in Gourd Pond Museum.
Having heard rumors about an animated suit of armor walking at the Museum at night, the player and Eddie decide to sneak in the museum at night in order to investigate. Their search leads them to the storage of previous exhibitions, where said armor in question lies. Suddenly, the armor starts moving, and Phantasmurai comes forward to battle the player. After the player defeats Phantasmurai, the mouse moving the armor from inside runs away. Eddie concludes that the rumors about the armor were a bit off.
Phantasmurai appears as an optional boss, fought as part of a request.
Phantasmurai is the 6th Boss Yo-Kai, who is a combination of Massiface and Slimamander. He takes no true damage from all attacks until his armor is broken, revealing his true body and weak point. He has the following attacks.
- A normal attack involving him slashing the opponent with his sword(s).
- Aerial Slash (Japanese: 真空破 Shinkuuha): Slashes his sword across the front-line Yo-Kai, dealing physical damage to all.
- Spirit's Curse (Japanese: 亡霊の呪い Bourei no Noroi): Curses an opponent with a level 2 inspirit, forcing them to be unable to move sometimes.
- Soultimate: Cursed Slash (Japanese: 呪われし宝刀 Nekosogibarai): Phantasmurai roars with rage, and then slashes with both his swords several times, damaging the frontline with 5 hits of physical damage. Can only be used when his HP reaches 50%.
His main gimmick is a lot like that of Massiface, dealing high damage but with a way to debuff that. Here, his sword can be targeted and when enough damage is done to it, the sword breaks, halving all the damage he does. However, when he reaches 50% HP, he pulls out a 2nd sword, dealing double damage with his attacks, but this can also be broken. It also changes his normal attack animation and fits the requirements for his Soultimate to be used.
His other gimmick is like Slimamander's gimmick, in which he cannot be truly damaged when his armor is sealed. Unlike Slimamander, however, it doesn't randomize it's location when it regenerated. When broken, he is revealed to actually be a mouse yo-kai, in which he cannot do anything until the armor is restored, and takes true damage to his life bar in this state.
Phantasmurai is deadly, but breaking the swords are enough to neuter him. If not, bring bulky tanks. He takes less damage from Wind-elemental attacks, but is weak to Ice-elemental attacks.
- "Phantasmurai" is a portmanteau of phantasm and samurai.
- "Borei Musha" translates as "Ghost warrior".
In other languages
|Japanese||亡霊武者 Borei Musha||Ghost warrior|
|Spanish||Fantasmurái||Derived from English name|
|German||Phantasmurai||Derived from English name|
|Italian||Fantasmurai||Derived from English name|
|Korean||보레이부시 'Bolei Busi|