- Yo-kai Watch: Main game series:
- Yo-kai Watch animation: Recurring Yo-kai
Rockabelly shares its appearance with Peckpocket, but is instead a dull orange, with the feather on top of its head being yellow and purple. The wingtips are speckled white and the belly is flesh-colored, with markings resembling a crudely drawn face.
When Rockabelly perches on someone's head, the face on his belly appears on their belly. Then the person suddenly starts to foolishly dance, swinging their gut.
Rockabelly appears on the 4th and 11th floor of Springdale Business Tower (Downtown Springdale). To access these floors, ask employees to unlock the doors.
Rockabelly appears in grass in Breezy Hills (e.g. grass by the entrance to the Jumbo Slider area).
Yo-kai Watch Animation Series
It is revealed that she gave her medal to Nate prior to EP101, and was summoned to entertain the boys with belly dancing for the Christmas party, Yeeey planned at Nate's house.
- Befriended: "Hey hey, let's be friends and rock around the clock!"
- Receiving food (favorite): "Party on!"
- Receiving food (normal):
- Receiving food (disliked):
- "Rockabelly" combines rockabilly and belly, or is a contraction of rock a belly.
- "Harao-dori" translates as Harao bird, but is also a pun on hara-odori.
- "Rafaz" is a combination of "Ráfaga" (Burst) and "Fugaz" (Fleeting).
Rockabelly's appearance and behaviour is based on the hara-odori, a party stunt in which a person draws a goofy face on their belly, lifts their shirt over their head and dances around to amuse the other guests. The tradition reaches far back in time, and since the late '60s the Furano prefecture in Hokkaido holds a yearly Heso Matsuri ("belly button festival") where people perform the dance with more elaborate costumes and bodypaint.
Rockabelly might also be based on the haradashi ("belly-out"), a youkai with a face on its belly that in exchange for sake will dance and frolic to cheer humans up and help them laugh their tears away. Though it can be mischievous, it is a kind-hearted creature that will help lost travelers and offer them food. However, due to the lack of traditional sources it is speculated this youkai was actually invented by Arifumi Sato, author of Nihon Youkai Taizen ("Compendium of Japanese Youkai").
- Rockabelly's belly pattern differs between if it is a Bony Yo-Kai or Fleshy Yo-Kai. Bony Rockabellys will have a happy face with pink lips and Fleshy Rockabellys will have an angry face with blue lips.
In other languages
- Spanish: Rafaz
- Portuguese (Brazil): Carapança
- French: Pioubidou
- German: Wampsel
- Italian: Voladdome