Rudy (Japanese: アカマル Akamaru) is a Rank C, Fire-attribute Yo-kai of the Charming tribe. Despite being a Non-Playable Yo-kai, the player is not able to use him as a playable character until Yo-kai Watch Blasters.
- Yo-kai Watch 2: NPC Yo-kai.
- Yo-kai Watch 3: Befriendable Yo-kai.
- Yo-kai Watch 4: Befriendable Yo-kai
- Yo-kai Watch Blasters: Befriendable Yo-kai.
- Yo-kai Watch Busters 2: Befriendable Yo-kai
- Yo-kai Watch: Wibble Wobble: Playable Yo-kai.
- Yo-kai Watch: Medal Wars: Playable Yo-kai.
- Yo-kai Watch anime series: Minor Yo-kai.
Rudy is Jibanyan's former living self before he got hit by a truck. He bears a similar appearance to Jibanyan, even if resembling a more normal cat. Rudy is a red and white kitten wearing a gray collar with a blue tag on it. The tag is as shiny as a crystal.
According to Jibanyan’s flashback, he mostly slept all day and had no real personality outside of that.
In Red Cat Corps, the player must have Jibanyan as the leader and beaten Chapter 5-4 and Usapyon Mission. After doing so, Rudy will make a phone call to you. The mission will involve Jibanyan beating a Baddinyan, Thornyan, Robonyan, Machonyan, Shogunyan, Dracunyan, Sailornyan, Wondernyan, Jetnyan and Rudy in an Battle Royale on school outside at night. After a cutscene (where Whisper wakes Jibanyan in roof, only to find out that the whole events was a dream.), Rudy will appear and befriend you.
Rudy can be befriended by completing the Yo-kai Circle Circle of Cheer.
In a livestream of the game before it's release on July 30, 2019, a code for Rudy was released, in which he is playable in the game. It is redeemable via a coupon page.
Yo-kai Watch Busters 2
Before being turned into Jibanyan, Amy was Rudy's owner.
- Befriended: "Huaa, I'm bored, nyan. I'll pass the time by going along with you, nyan."
- Loafing: "Sleepy, nyan..."
- Receiving Food (favorite): "That's nyice!"
- Receiving Food (normal): "Normal, nyan..."
- Receiving Food (disliked): "Nya nya...?!"
- Being traded: "It's grrreat to meet you and all, but I want to sleep at Amy's house, nyan."
In the anime
Rudy first appears during a flashback in The Spooky Intersection. He and Amy were the best of friends, always having fun together until Rudy was hit by an oncoming truck on a crosswalk and became a Yo-kai after his death.
Jibanyan relives his life again as Rudy in Jibanyan's Secret, after unexpectedly being sent back in time by Kin and Gin. Before Amy was about to get hit by a truck, Kin and Gin stops Rudy in the midst of the occurrence and asks him if he really wants to stay alive as a regular cat rather than a Yo-kai in hopes of succeeding their plan of changing the timeline, but Rudy rejects the offer and sacrifices his life to save Amy from getting hit by a truck at the intersection.
In YW036, he appeared in Amy's dream where she riding bicycle with her pet cat.
- Rudy's "random" nicknames in Yo-kai Watch 3 are: Neko, Maxie, Jibby and Mittens.
- He was voiced by Alicyn Packard.
- Despite being Jibanyan's living self, Rudy is one rank higher than Jibanyan is currently.
- Rudy's names in different languages describe the red color of Jibanyan.
In other languages