- Yo-kai Watch: Main game series:
- Yo-kai Watch animation: Minor Yo-kai
Swosh is similar in appearance to Dromp, except that he has a blue color scheme, with a combination of a dark and a light shade of blue. The grass on top of his head is aqua green.
Swosh makes anyone he possesses have a wide and forgiving heart as big as the ocean, although that forgiveness can really go overboard in some cases.
Swosh appears on the beach side by Rolling Waves Park in Downtown Springdale on rainy nights.
Swosh was available in the Oni Crank-a-kai, or Dream Wheel in the Japanese version for the limited time during the Whisper Slingshot Battle event.
Take the quest "The Sea God" at Little Haven Station. Go to the shrine in San Fantastico and wait until dawn. Encountering the shrine right before dawn makes Swosh come out and fight you. After you beat him, the quest will be completed. After, wait a day, and go to the shrine right before dawn again. You should be able to fight him once a day/soft reset and befriend him through normal means.
Swosh can rarely be befriended as a reward for beating SV Snaggerjag in Boss Rush.
Otherwise, he can also be found on patrol in San Fantastico.
Swosh, as Umibozu Red Wall, can be freed from the Crank-a-kai with a Orange Coin, or an Orange Coin G.
Swosh can be found at the stream in Northbeech.
He also appears in Ambrosia Pavilion.
Alternatively in the 2.0 update he can be found in multiple dungeons in the Busters-T mode.
Swosh can be found as an enemy yo-kai in the Enma Neko'ou Matatabi dungeon, as well as the 8th Mugen Dungeon.
Alternatively he can also be freed from the Crank-a-kai with a suspicious coin, and a super coin.
| Tolerance of attribute attack|
Strong × ⇒ △ ⇒ - ⇒ ○ ⇒ ◎ weak
- Loafing: "Graaaar..."
- Befriending: "Your heart is wider than an ocean... We are...same."
- Daily battle: "Oh! I'm so glad you stopped by! I think I nearly overslept again... Now, shall we battle? It always help keep my rough waters at bay."
- Yes: "All right, human... Let's battle! Gw...GWARR... GWAARGLE!"
- No: "Oh. Well then, maybe I'll just catch a few more winks."
- Befriending (failed): "...Oh my, I'm so embarrassed! Did my waves of anger surge to the surface yet again?"
- Befriending (success): "Oh! I'm so happy you've returned! Do you see, my friend? Your heart, deep and wide, has kept me at peace! May our alliance last through storms and swells! [...] Heh! I hope you still come back to visit from time to time!"
In the anime
Swosh first appears in EP079 where is among the Yo-kai that cause trouble for Nate and his friends during their day at the beach. Swosh makes Eddie cool about things that includes a bird pooping on him. When Nate, Eddie, and Bear's swimsuits soon fall down from having the waves splash onto them, Swosh makes them not care. Swosh eventually leaves and gives Nate his medal.
- "Swosh" could refer to the sound of the rolling waves.
- His brazilian portuguese name Chuá also comes from this.
- His Spanish name, "Flus" comes from "Fluidos" (Smooth).
Swosh is based on the Umibōzu (Japanese: 海坊主 Umi-bōzu, literally "sea monk"), which is also his Japanese name. This youkai appears as a pitch-black, oily giant emerging from the sea causing huge waves, staring down at ships with huge brilliant eyes. The name "monk", like for other similarly named youkai, is owed to its smooth, round head, like a ordained Buddhist monk's shaven scalp. Seasoned sailors know to remain silent and sail by quietly if they spot one, because this youkai dislikes screaming and loud noises, and will promptly smash the source of its annoyance to bits if provoked. Some sources claim the Umibozu s actually a giant octopus, or an enormous sea lion.
- Its random names are: Oshan, Agua, Seadude, and Wintea.
- As of Yo-kai Watch 3, Swosh has the 2nd highest HP stat out of every Yo-kai only being beaten by the Merican Legendary Bourgeois G.
In other languages
- Spanish: Flus
- Italian: Aqueo
- German: Brausch
- Portuguese (Brazil): Chuá