FANDOM


  • Fellow contributors,

    I have some serious things to tell you all and hopefully you will follow them in order to improve the wiki.

    For over the years even before the official western release of the first games', I've been changing the style of the articles in a different way to make it more appropriate. However, I contributors are keep changing the official style for the wiki, which seems more like an anime-based wiki that is written in a style of a guide rather than an encyclopedia.

    I've been warned contributors that the style is inappropriate but however, there are contributors that are ignoring the factor and even continue with re-arranging the design and removing designs and creating own designs that are not accepted on the wiki. As the wiki changes with new developments around the months, do not that the entire layout of articles should not change at all cost.

    I'm in fact actually tired or placing comments after undoing edits etc. So from today on, the {{improve}} template will be used on top of many articles that are not following the guidelines.

    Do note that it is important to show improvements to the articles and a balanced and organized design is in place and mandatory to use on this wiki. What I am seeing on the articles is actually painfull to look on how messy and unorganized it actually looks like.

    So please, help out and try to balance out the articles.

    Happy editing,
    KidProdigy

      Loading editor
    • So... what would be an example of a page that didn't need improvments?

      I've been working on the Pandle  page as a sort of test for updating things. Is that one good?

        Loading editor
    • Kite62 wrote:
      So... what would be an example of a page that didn't need improvments?

      I've been working on the Pandle  page as a sort of test for updating things. Is that one good?

      Then you truly understand it. That's the kind of design that I would like to see. Articles that are using the standard to express it like that, are articles that needs improvements. Many contributors are showing a lack of edits to them, but like to re-arrange them. Within the policy you can read what is approved or not.

      But, seems that you've no trouble with that I see.

        Loading editor
    • Ah, good to know! I'll edit more pages like that then.

        Loading editor
    • Kite62 wrote:
      Ah, good to know! I'll edit more pages like that then.


      Fantastic! Thanks!

        Loading editor
    • KidProdigy wrote:
      Kite62 wrote:
      So... what would be an example of a page that didn't need improvments?

      I've been working on the Pandle  page as a sort of test for updating things. Is that one good?

      Then you truly understand it. That's the kind of design that I would like to see. Articles that are using the standard to express it like that, are articles that needs improvements. Many contributors are showing a lack of edits to them, but like to re-arrange them. Within the policy you can read what is approved or not.

      But, seems that you've no trouble with that I see.

      So we put bios in the little colored box, put the Blasters types, and for base stats we but the " this shows (Name)'s stats at level on level 99", right? Does it do that automatically? Or is there something we gotta edit to do that?

        Loading editor
    • Usanyan wrote:
      KidProdigy wrote:
      Kite62 wrote:
      So... what would be an example of a page that didn't need improvments?

      I've been working on the Pandle  page as a sort of test for updating things. Is that one good?

      Then you truly understand it. That's the kind of design that I would like to see. Articles that are using the standard to express it like that, are articles that needs improvements. Many contributors are showing a lack of edits to them, but like to re-arrange them. Within the policy you can read what is approved or not.

      But, seems that you've no trouble with that I see.

      So we put bios in the little colored box, put the Blasters types, and for base stats we but the " this shows (Name)'s stats at level on level 99", right? Does it do that automatically? Or is there something we gotta edit to do that?

      add: level = 60 or any other level number. I will create new templates for the buster stats etc.

        Loading editor
    • KidProdigy wrote:
      Usanyan wrote:
      KidProdigy wrote:
      Kite62 wrote:
      So... what would be an example of a page that didn't need improvments?

      I've been working on the Pandle  page as a sort of test for updating things. Is that one good?

      Then you truly understand it. That's the kind of design that I would like to see. Articles that are using the standard to express it like that, are articles that needs improvements. Many contributors are showing a lack of edits to them, but like to re-arrange them. Within the policy you can read what is approved or not.

      But, seems that you've no trouble with that I see.

      So we put bios in the little colored box, put the Blasters types, and for base stats we but the " this shows (Name)'s stats at level on level 99", right? Does it do that automatically? Or is there something we gotta edit to do that?
      add: level = 60 or any other level number. I will create new templates for the buster stats etc.

      will that be a part of the "stat" template, or is it it's own tempelate?

        Loading editor
    • Usanyan wrote:
      will that be a part of the "stat" template, or is it it's own tempelate?

      Will be part of the stat template. However, both you and Kite62 know about the stat value, I believe. If there is anything missing in the stat template that is important, tell me.

        Loading editor
    • KidProdigy wrote:
      Usanyan wrote:
      will that be a part of the "stat" template, or is it it's own tempelate?
      Will be part of the stat template. However, both you and Kite62 know about the stat value, I believe. If there is anything missing in the stat template that is important, tell me.

      I don't know if it counts as "anything missing" or not, but can you switch strength and spirit, and defense and speed it makes it easier to copy the numbers without error.

        Loading editor
    • Usanyan wrote:
      KidProdigy wrote:
      Usanyan wrote:
      will that be a part of the "stat" template, or is it it's own tempelate?
      Will be part of the stat template. However, both you and Kite62 know about the stat value, I believe. If there is anything missing in the stat template that is important, tell me.
      I don't know if it counts as "anything missing" or not, but can you switch strength and spirit, and defense and speed it makes it easier to copy the numbers without error.

      Can do.

        Loading editor
    • KidProdigy wrote:
      Usanyan wrote:
      KidProdigy wrote:
      Usanyan wrote:
      will that be a part of the "stat" template, or is it it's own tempelate?
      Will be part of the stat template. However, both you and Kite62 know about the stat value, I believe. If there is anything missing in the stat template that is important, tell me.
      I don't know if it counts as "anything missing" or not, but can you switch strength and spirit, and defense and speed it makes it easier to copy the numbers without error.
      Can do.

      Thank you makes things alot easier for us, since the game and IV calualtor is in the order:HP, Strength,spirit, defense, and speed.

        Loading editor
    • Usanyan wrote:
      Thank you makes things alot easier for us, since the game and IV calualtor is in the order:HP, Strength,spirit, defense, and speed.

      All done, through the previous request Kite62 had as well for me to do.

        Loading editor
    • KidProdigy wrote:
      Usanyan wrote:
      Thank you makes things alot easier for us, since the game and IV calualtor is in the order:HP, Strength,spirit, defense, and speed.
      All done, through the previous request Kite62 had as well for me to do.

      Thank you! Lemme know when the Blasters templates are done too, and what they're labelled under, please so whenever I can, I'll get started on these.

        Loading editor
    • Usanyan wrote:
      KidProdigy wrote:
      Usanyan wrote:
      Thank you makes things alot easier for us, since the game and IV calualtor is in the order:HP, Strength,spirit, defense, and speed.
      All done, through the previous request Kite62 had as well for me to do.
      Thank you! Lemme know when the Blasters templates are done too, and what they're labelled under, please so whenever I can, I'll get started on these.


      Sure, no problem!

        Loading editor
    • KidProdigy wrote:
      Usanyan wrote:
      KidProdigy wrote:
      Usanyan wrote:
      Thank you makes things alot easier for us, since the game and IV calualtor is in the order:HP, Strength,spirit, defense, and speed.
      All done, through the previous request Kite62 had as well for me to do.
      Thank you! Lemme know when the Blasters templates are done too, and what they're labelled under, please so whenever I can, I'll get started on these.

      Sure, no problem!

      also, the template, for the bios, thank you

        Loading editor
    • KidProdigy wrote:
      Usanyan wrote:
      will that be a part of the "stat" template, or is it it's own tempelate?
      Will be part of the stat template. However, both you and Kite62 know about the stat value, I believe. If there is anything missing in the stat template that is important, tell me.

      I like the new changes, the only thing I would add now is: 

      This shows (Name)'s base stats at level: (Level).

      I'm not sure if you're familiar with Pokemon stats at all, but Yo-kai stats work similar to those. There's a big difference between base stats, and just normal stats, so I think it's important to clarify that.

      If you wanted to be really technical, you could add: These stats are calculated with 0 EV's and IV values of 0.

      But I don't think that's entirely necessary. Maybe I could make a Stats page in the future to explain that stuff. Otherwise, just clarify that it's the base stats that the template is using.

      EDIT: Oh yeah, and for future refrence, I'm going to be checking the Blasters stats at level 99. I don't have an online source for Blasters, so I'll have to check them all personally in-game. 99 is the ideal level for Blasters. As far as I know, HP is the only visible change, though the other stats do increase. The other stats are displayed as a Rank though. The Rank is the same from levels 1 - 99.

        Loading editor
    • Usanyan wrote:
      also, the template, for the bios, thank you

      What?

      Kite62 wrote:

      I like the new changes, the only thing I would add now is: 

      This shows (Name)'s base stats at level: (Level).

      I'm not sure if you're familiar with Pokemon stats at all, but Yo-kai stats work similar to those. There's a big difference between base stats, and just normal stats, so I think it's important to clarify that.

      If you wanted to be really technical, you could add: These stats are calculated with 0 EV's and IV values of 0.

      But I don't think that's entirely necessary. Maybe I could make a Stats page in the future to explain that stuff. Otherwise, just clarify that it's the base stats that the template is using.

      EDIT: Oh yeah, and for future refrence, I'm going to be checking the Blasters stats at level 99. I don't have an online source for Blasters, so I'll have to check them all personally in-game. 99 is the ideal level for Blasters. As far as I know, HP is the only visible change, though the other stats do increase. The other stats are displayed as a Rank though. The Rank is the same from levels 1 - 99.

      I've found that out a few months ago, but I have no clear vision how it actually works, so it would be helpful if you could clarify it in the near future.

        Loading editor
    • Kite62 wrote:
      KidProdigy wrote:
      Usanyan wrote:
      will that be a part of the "stat" template, or is it it's own tempelate?
      Will be part of the stat template. However, both you and Kite62 know about the stat value, I believe. If there is anything missing in the stat template that is important, tell me.
      I like the new changes, the only thing I would add now is: 

      This shows (Name)'s base stats at level: (Level).

      I'm not sure if you're familiar with Pokemon stats at all, but Yo-kai stats work similar to those. There's a big difference between base stats, and just normal stats, so I think it's important to clarify that.

      If you wanted to be really technical, you could add: These stats are calculated with 0 EV's and IV values of 0.

      But I don't think that's entirely necessary. Maybe I could make a Stats page in the future to explain that stuff. Otherwise, just clarify that it's the base stats that the template is using.

      EDIT: Oh yeah, and for future refrence, I'm going to be checking the Blasters stats at level 99. I don't have an online source for Blasters, so I'll have to check them all personally in-game. 99 is the ideal level for Blasters. As far as I know, HP is the only visible change, though the other stats do increase. The other stats are displayed as a Rank though. The Rank is the same from levels 1 - 99.

      The minigame, or full game? If mini, then I believe it's the same stats(I'll let you know if I'm wrong. For full, if you ever find a source, can you send me a link?

        Loading editor
    • KidProdigy wrote:
      Usanyan wrote:
      also, the template, for the bios, thank you
      What?


      Kite62 wrote:

      I like the new changes, the only thing I would add now is: 

      This shows (Name)'s base stats at level: (Level).

      I'm not sure if you're familiar with Pokemon stats at all, but Yo-kai stats work similar to those. There's a big difference between base stats, and just normal stats, so I think it's important to clarify that.

      If you wanted to be really technical, you could add: These stats are calculated with 0 EV's and IV values of 0.

      But I don't think that's entirely necessary. Maybe I could make a Stats page in the future to explain that stuff. Otherwise, just clarify that it's the base stats that the template is using.

      EDIT: Oh yeah, and for future refrence, I'm going to be checking the Blasters stats at level 99. I don't have an online source for Blasters, so I'll have to check them all personally in-game. 99 is the ideal level for Blasters. As far as I know, HP is the only visible change, though the other stats do increase. The other stats are displayed as a Rank though. The Rank is the same from levels 1 - 99.

      I've found that out a few months ago, but I have no clear vision how it actually works, so it would be helpful if you could clarify it in the near future.

      The colored bio part is a template, right? If so could you tell me when that updates or what is called now?

      EX:http://yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Pandle

      (look at the bio to see what i'm talking about)

        Loading editor
    • Usanyan wrote:
      KidProdigy wrote:
      Usanyan wrote:
      also, the template, for the bios, thank you
      What?


      Kite62 wrote:

      I like the new changes, the only thing I would add now is: 

      This shows (Name)'s base stats at level: (Level).

      I'm not sure if you're familiar with Pokemon stats at all, but Yo-kai stats work similar to those. There's a big difference between base stats, and just normal stats, so I think it's important to clarify that.

      If you wanted to be really technical, you could add: These stats are calculated with 0 EV's and IV values of 0.

      But I don't think that's entirely necessary. Maybe I could make a Stats page in the future to explain that stuff. Otherwise, just clarify that it's the base stats that the template is using.

      EDIT: Oh yeah, and for future refrence, I'm going to be checking the Blasters stats at level 99. I don't have an online source for Blasters, so I'll have to check them all personally in-game. 99 is the ideal level for Blasters. As far as I know, HP is the only visible change, though the other stats do increase. The other stats are displayed as a Rank though. The Rank is the same from levels 1 - 99.

      I've found that out a few months ago, but I have no clear vision how it actually works, so it would be helpful if you could clarify it in the near future.
      The colored bio part is a template, right? If so could you tell me when that updates or what is called now?

      EX:http://yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Pandle

      (look at the bio to see what i'm talking about)

      Ah, the medallium template. If there are Yo-kai with more than one medallium information, I will add extra parameters. When I'm updating it is unknown, I'm busy with different things but it will be updated.

        Loading editor
    • Usanyan wrote: The minigame, or full game? If mini, then I believe it's the same stats(I'll let you know if I'm wrong. For full, if you ever find a source, can you send me a link?

      The minigame for Blasters in YW2 uses different stats than the Yo-kai's base stats. They are "similar" but significantly different.

      KidProdigy wrote:

      I've found that out a few months ago, but I have no clear vision how it actually works, so it would be helpful if you could clarify it in the near future.

      Yeah I could write something up. I have sources that explain how Yo-kai stats work, however, they only really make sense if you already understand what IV's and EV's are. A very simplified way to put it is that IV's are the "genes" and EV's are the "training". If you're not sure, look up some Pokemon stuff explaining it sometime, because it's pretty much the same as that. I'd say the only difference is that Yo-kai IV's don't get as big as Pokemon IV's, and EV's are given a little differently in Yo-kai Watch.

      Otherwise, I'll find time to write something up explaining all of it soon.

        Loading editor
    • What about that page on Kami Yokai? We know Kakusei Hi no Shin's localized name is Awoken Hinozall. Should we edit that?

        Loading editor
    • Should we add a page about Jankukoshino?

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.