FANDOM


  • I made a post on my tumblr were I list evidence I have noticed that the old tribe system might be discarded in the future, in favor of a new system that has been hinted at in Shadowside.

      Loading editor
    • Yeah, the more they show us this, the more we want to know about them!

        Loading editor
    • Cool man, But what about New Attributes and Ranks?

        Loading editor
    • Steeltron wrote:
      Cool man, But what about New Attributes and Ranks?

      As I said several times before, Level-5 should avoid rank inflation, because this would cause lower-ranked Yo-kai (both old and new) to lose playability when higher-ranked Yo-kai appear more frecquently, as the higher the rank, the better the stats and how much the Yo-kai will become stronger. If that looks ridiculous in Puni Puni (with Yo-kai that appear in the 3DS games with S-rank being SS- and SSS- ranked there), imagine how unequal the flow of the game would become if applied here.

        Loading editor
    • Norman Fong Ochoa wrote:
      Steeltron wrote:
      Cool man, But what about New Attributes and Ranks?
      As I said several times before, Level-5 should avoid rank inflation, because this would cause lower-ranked Yo-kai (both old and new) to lose playability when higher-ranked Yo-kai appear more frecquently, as the higher the rank, the better the stats and how much the Yo-kai will become stronger. If that looks ridiculous in Puni Puni (with Yo-kai that appear in the 3DS games with S-rank being SS- and SSS- ranked there), imagine how unequal the flow of the game would become if applied here.

      Alright man. But Will we at least get new attributes?

        Loading editor
    • Steeltron wrote:
      Norman Fong Ochoa wrote:
      Steeltron wrote:
      Cool man, But what about New Attributes and Ranks?
      As I said several times before, Level-5 should avoid rank inflation, because this would cause lower-ranked Yo-kai (both old and new) to lose playability when higher-ranked Yo-kai appear more frecquently, as the higher the rank, the better the stats and how much the Yo-kai will become stronger. If that looks ridiculous in Puni Puni (with Yo-kai that appear in the 3DS games with S-rank being SS- and SSS- ranked there), imagine how unequal the flow of the game would become if applied here.
      Alright man. But Will we at least get new attributes?

      Other than Light and Dark, I can't think of anything else. We have most elemental attributes already: Fire, Water, Lightning, Earth, Wind, and Ice.

        Loading editor
    • Norman Fong Ochoa wrote:
      Steeltron wrote:
      Norman Fong Ochoa wrote:
      Steeltron wrote:
      Cool man, But what about New Attributes and Ranks?
      As I said several times before, Level-5 should avoid rank inflation, because this would cause lower-ranked Yo-kai (both old and new) to lose playability when higher-ranked Yo-kai appear more frecquently, as the higher the rank, the better the stats and how much the Yo-kai will become stronger. If that looks ridiculous in Puni Puni (with Yo-kai that appear in the 3DS games with S-rank being SS- and SSS- ranked there), imagine how unequal the flow of the game would become if applied here.
      Alright man. But Will we at least get new attributes?
      Other than Light and Dark, I can't think of anything else. We have most elemental attributes already: Fire, Water, Lightning, Earth, Wind, and Ice.

      How about New kinds of Attribures that don't have to be elemental?

        Loading editor
    • if theres a new tribe it should be the "Shadowside Tribe" or the "Lightside Tribe" idk i just want it to relate with youkai wotchi shadowside 

        Loading editor
    • TheUltraReconSquad wrote:
      if theres a new tribe it should be the "Shadowside Tribe" or the "Lightside Tribe" idk i just want it to relate with youkai wotchi shadowside 

      That makes sense.

        Loading editor
    • TheUltraReconSquad wrote:
      if theres a new tribe it should be the "Shadowside Tribe" or the "Lightside Tribe" idk i just want it to relate with youkai wotchi shadowside 

      Well, most (if not all) of the Yo-kai seen in the Shadowside series and movie have both Shadowside and Lightside forms, so what you said is inaccurate. Going from the odd symbols in the Yo-kai Arks, it seems the old tribe system has been disposed of, since most of the concepts held there no longer apply to the current state of Yo-kai nature.

        Loading editor
    • Norman Fong Ochoa wrote:
      TheUltraReconSquad wrote:
      if theres a new tribe it should be the "Shadowside Tribe" or the "Lightside Tribe" idk i just want it to relate with youkai wotchi shadowside 
      Well, most (if not all) of the Yo-kai seen in the Shadowside series and movie have both Shadowside and Lightside forms, so what you said is inaccurate. Going from the odd symbols in the Yo-kai Arks, it seems the old tribe system has been disposed of, since most of the concepts held there no longer apply to the current state of Yo-kai nature.

      You saying that they're getting rid of all the tribes?

        Loading editor
    • Steeltron wrote:
      Norman Fong Ochoa wrote:
      TheUltraReconSquad wrote:
      if theres a new tribe it should be the "Shadowside Tribe" or the "Lightside Tribe" idk i just want it to relate with youkai wotchi shadowside 
      Well, most (if not all) of the Yo-kai seen in the Shadowside series and movie have both Shadowside and Lightside forms, so what you said is inaccurate. Going from the odd symbols in the Yo-kai Arks, it seems the old tribe system has been disposed of, since most of the concepts held there no longer apply to the current state of Yo-kai nature.
      You saying that they're getting rid of all the tribes?

      I said "it seems the old tribe system has been disposed of", but I wonder if some aspects will survive in a way.

        Loading editor
    • Norman Fong Ochoa wrote:
      Steeltron wrote:
      Norman Fong Ochoa wrote:
      TheUltraReconSquad wrote:
      if theres a new tribe it should be the "Shadowside Tribe" or the "Lightside Tribe" idk i just want it to relate with youkai wotchi shadowside 
      Well, most (if not all) of the Yo-kai seen in the Shadowside series and movie have both Shadowside and Lightside forms, so what you said is inaccurate. Going from the odd symbols in the Yo-kai Arks, it seems the old tribe system has been disposed of, since most of the concepts held there no longer apply to the current state of Yo-kai nature.
      You saying that they're getting rid of all the tribes?
      I said "it seems the old tribe system has been disposed of", but I wonder if some aspects will survive in a way.

      Well I hope your wrong about the old tribe system desposed off.

        Loading editor
    • Steeltron wrote:

      Norman Fong Ochoa wrote:
      Steeltron wrote:
      Norman Fong Ochoa wrote:
      TheUltraReconSquad wrote:
      if theres a new tribe it should be the "Shadowside Tribe" or the "Lightside Tribe" idk i just want it to relate with youkai wotchi shadowside 
      Well, most (if not all) of the Yo-kai seen in the Shadowside series and movie have both Shadowside and Lightside forms, so what you said is inaccurate. Going from the odd symbols in the Yo-kai Arks, it seems the old tribe system has been disposed of, since most of the concepts held there no longer apply to the current state of Yo-kai nature.
      You saying that they're getting rid of all the tribes?
      I said "it seems the old tribe system has been disposed of", but I wonder if some aspects will survive in a way.

      Well I hope your wrong about the old tribe system desposed off.

      yea

        Loading editor
    • Well, it seems there are different tribes. In the Shadowside series, a few arks have the same symbols like Komasan's Shadowside, Bourei Banchou's Shadowside, Azzure Dragon's Shadowside arks. And ect.

        Loading editor
    • Kwhel22 wrote:
      Well, it seems there are different tribes. In the Shadowside series, a few arks have the same symbols like Komasan's Shadowside, Bourei Banchou's Shadowside, Azzure Dragon's Shadowside arks. And ect.

      Well lets hope they'll keep the original tribes

        Loading editor
    • In Puni Puni it said what each Shadowside Yo-kai's tribes are, like Omatsu's Heartful

        Loading editor
    • Or whatever it's called

        Loading editor
    • Or we could look at by saying its the same old tribe but with a different design logo. Just saying.

        Loading editor
    • That is unlikely, considering that in the new system, Komasan and Jibanyan have different symbols, while Jibanyan now has the same symbol as Kyubi.

        Loading editor
    • Little addition, in this twitter thread, I talk about information regarding Yokai Arks that was revealed at the Tokyo Toy Show, which includes possibly confirmation that the new symbols are indeed tribe symbols.

        Loading editor
    • Sorry to be bumping this again, but new tribes have now been confirmed via corocoro leaks.

        Loading editor
    • Should these tribes have a separate page or join the current one?

        Loading editor
    • I only counted 7 tribes. So does that mean there's not going to be an eighth tribe.

        Loading editor
    • We don't know yet how these tribes will function gameplay-wise. I think wether they should go on the same article or get their own should be based on wether they function the same way or not.

        Loading editor
    • Kaialone wrote:
      We don't know yet how these tribes will function gameplay-wise. I think wether they should go on the same article or get their own should be based on wether they function the same way or not.

      Then like I say, we'll have to wait and see.

        Loading editor
    • I'm a bit mad that the old tribes are replaced.

        Loading editor
    • They have officially been replaced, in Cocoro Magazine, it explains what the new tribes are

        Loading editor
    • Steeltron wrote:
      I'm a bit mad that the old tribes are replaced.

      If the new tribes are essentially identical in terms of how they affect gameplay, then the change won't be felt in that regard; remember both the Shady Tribe and the Eerie Tribe are the same function-wise, as they are specialized in inspiriting and their bonuses focus on that.

      Plus, given the current situation of the Yo-kai's form nature (both Lightside and Shadowside), then most of the concepts the old tribes embodied would no longer apply (e.g. Hungramps' Shadowside form is not Heartful-looking or implying at all; Blizzaria's Shadowside form does not have that cutesy design most Charming tribe Yo-kai have -she looks beautiful, yet ominous at the same time-).

        Loading editor
    • Norman Fong Ochoa wrote:
      Steeltron wrote:
      I'm a bit mad that the old tribes are replaced.
      If the new tribes are essentially identical in terms of how they affect gameplay, then the change won't be felt in that regard; remember both the Shady Tribe and the Eerie Tribe are the same function-wise, as they are specialized in inspiriting and their bonuses focus on that.

      Plus, given the current situation of the Yo-kai's form nature (both Lightside and Shadowside), then most of the concepts the old tribes embodied would no longer apply (e.g. Hungramps' Shadowside form is not Heartful-looking or implying at all; Blizzaria's Shadowside form does not have that cutesy design most Charming tribe Yo-kai have -she looks beautiful, yet ominous at the same time-).

      You've made your point as always.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.