FANDOM


  • I believe they should stop the Dub at Season 3 because a lot of fans said that it wasn't as good, I did enjoy for the most part but I'd have to agree. They should skip all the way to Movie 4 (which would premiere late August), and then release Blasters Fall 2019. Level 5 should give Funimation (most of the dubs from them aren't bad from what I've seen) the rights to Shadowside, and the anime would start sometime next year.

    Any thoughts or opinions?

      Loading editor
    • Jordancon2000 wrote:
      I believe they should stop the Dub at Season 3 because a lot of fans said that it wasn't as good, I did enjoy for the most part but I'd have to agree. They should skip all the way to Movie 4 (which would premiere late August), and then release Blasters Fall 2019. Level 5 should give Funimation (most of the dubs from them aren't bad from what I've seen) the rights to Shadowside, and the anime would start sometime next year.

      Any thoughts or opinions?

      Here's what I think would be best: Release movie 2 as a straight to Dvd and streaming, skip Blasters 2 entirely. Then, in Winter 2019, release Movie 4 as a limited theater run, and in March 2020, have Shadowside. I also think it would be best to give the rights to Funimation (I would give anything to have that happen!)

        Loading editor
    • Maybe release Movie 2 & 3 as a combo straight to DVD, and then of course available for streaming. Also, I don't think we should skip Blasters 2 because it'll give us something while we wait for Yo-kai Watch 4 to get localized.

        Loading editor
    • Jordancon2000 wrote:
      Maybe release Movie 2 & 3 as a combo straight to DVD, and then of course available for streaming. Also, I don't think we should skip Blasters 2 because it'll give us something while we wait for Yo-kai Watch 4 to get localized.

      Yeah, 2 and 3 combo would be better, but would they just dub the live action sections?

        Loading editor
    • I have an idea, why not switch Yo-kai Watch to a streaming service like Disney+ since everyone is streaming these days, perfect for movies or put full episodes and movies on Youtube like what Bushiroad did with Buddyfight and Vanguard.

      I really don't want them to skip Blasters 2 cause the 3ds is still in production(though I hate the way Nintendo handled the localization of YW3 and should of released all three versions (sorry for derailing the Shadowside with that, even though my questions have never been answered, still on the fence on that).

      You know if Funimation really wanted Yo-kai Watch they should have got it years ago, this is what ticks me off with the american anime industry. Companies like Funimation, Sentai Filmworks, VIZ (the company I belive should dub Yo-kai Watch if SDI bails) skipped quality Kodomo anime like Yo-kai Watch, Layton, and Inazuma, instead they pick up trash like Conception, Isekai #378, and Harem #666999, leaving kids anime to budget companies like Blue Water and SDI to rot.

      Same goes to companies like Crunchyroll not giving Yo-kai Watch and the ones I mention offical subs instead to sub well, the two genres I listed (though hearing rumors of Crunchs subpar subbing skills this might be a positive)

      Sorry for this blog worthy post (Admins PLEASE add a blog feature to this wiki) it's just I'm frustrated with Yokai's status of being trapped in niche hell, possably being gipped if American Yo-kai Watch 3 is the same as the British version, Hasbros handling of the toys (I hope Bandai America gets the toys since I heard Hasbro dropped the license) Heck we don't even have Yo-kai Watch Movie on DVD or even the translation of the manga adaptation (I e-mailed Viz in that but they don't plans for them anytime soon) Just why must Yo-kai Watch suffer such a fate why? sigh

        Loading editor
    • Ok, so this is what I've come up with:

      • Skip the rest of the original series
      • Release Movie 2 as a made-for-tv movie in late August 2019
      • Skip Movie 3, as it doesn't have any connection to the anime.
      • Release Blasters 2 (both versions) in September 2019
      • Release Movie 4 as a made-for-tv movie in April 2020
      • Give Funimation the rights to dub Shadowside and release it in August 2020
      • Release Yo-kai Watch 4 in Winter 2020
        Loading editor
    • Jakurz wrote:
      Jordancon2000 wrote:
      Maybe release Movie 2 & 3 as a combo straight to DVD, and then of course available for streaming. Also, I don't think we should skip Blasters 2 because it'll give us something while we wait for Yo-kai Watch 4 to get localized.
      Yeah, 2 and 3 combo would be better, but would they just dub the live action sections?

      If they don't skip it (which I hope they do) they could do it like Yo-kai Watch 3 Koalanyan's quest in a stylized anime world and a realistic but still anime style anime world

        Loading editor
    • Jordancon2000 wrote:
      Ok, so this is what I've come up with:
      • Skip the rest of the original series
      • Release Movie 2 as a made-for-tv movie in late August 2019
      • Skip Movie 3, as it doesn't have any connection to the anime.
      • Release Blasters 2 (both versions) in September 2019
      • Release Movie 4 as a made-for-tv movie in April 2020
      • Give Funimation the rights to dub Shadowside and release it in August 2020
      • Release Yo-kai Watch 4 in Winter 2020

      Or make things easier by skipping Busters 2.

      Seriously, as much as I love the Busters 2 exclusives, its not worth it.

        Loading editor
    • I came with an idea. Release Busters 2 will have an same month like Blasters 1 last year, release Movie 2 in October or December 2019 as a theater run, complete the original series (which will have 76 episodes for season 4 and 36 episode for season 5), release Movie 3 in summer 2020 as a theater run, skip Shadowside because it wasn't reveal yet or entirely, and then Movie 4 as a theater run or a TV movie, along with Yo-kai Watch 4 in late October/Winter 2021 or April Fool Day 2022.

      Or maybe give Funimation right to Shadowside after Yo-kai Watch 4 come out, which is never skip entirely easier.

        Loading editor
    • Swapper1 wrote:
      I came with an idea. Release Busters 2 will have an same month like Blasters 1 last year, release Movie 2 in October or December 2019 as a theater run, complete the original series (which will have 76 episodes for season 4 and 36 episode for season 5), release Movie 3 in summer 2020 as a theater run, skip Shadowside because it wasn't reveal yet or entirely, and then Movie 4 as a theater run or a TV movie, along with Yo-kai Watch 4 in late October/Winter 2021 or April Fool Day 2022.

      Or maybe give Funimation right to Shadowside after Yo-kai Watch 4 come out, which is never skip entirely easier.

      I would rather skip the 3rd movie (cuz even with the challenges of the Live Action segments it wasn't even really that good anyays) and YW Blasters 2 (because of all the glitches which I highly would doubt they would fix since we already saw what they did with Yo-kai Watch 3) also I hope they do have Yo-kai Watch Shadowside be dubbed or subbed (likely subbed) before Yo-kai Watch 4 and of course after the movie. :)

        Loading editor
    • I've changed my mind:

      • End Yo-kai Watch Dub (Season 3 wasn't that good)
      • Skip Busters 2 (I just wanted Kaira and Fudou, but they'll be in YW4)
      • Release Movie 2 later this year (late August or Fall)
      • Skip Movie 3 (doesn't have that fun story plot)
      • Release Movie 4 early next year
      • Shadowside Dub - August 2020 (by Funimation or anyone who won't ruin its glory)
      • Release Movie 5 Fall/Winter 2020
      • YW4 Fall/Winter 2020
        Loading editor
    • Jordancon2000 wrote:
      I've changed my mind:
      • End Yo-kai Watch Dub (Season 3 wasn't that good)
      • Skip Busters 2 (I just wanted Kaira and Fudou, but they'll be in YW4)
      • Release Movie 2 later this year (late August or Fall)
      • Skip Movie 3 (doesn't have that fun story plot)
      • Release Movie 4 early next year
      • Shadowside Dub - August 2020 (by Funimation or anyone who won't ruin its glory)
      • Release Movie 5 Fall/Winter 2020
      • YW4 Fall/Winter 2020

      This is a very good idea! And... yeah, Season 3 wasn't good plus the Segments will probably get even MORE mixed up and squashed around, Blasters 2 would likely not have it's glitches fixed or if they did it would take forever to localize thus slowing down everything else, other than the plot for M03 (which I agree isn't that good) the complications would include the live-action segments as well, The thing is that purely Anime movies can be dubbed w/ less of a problem surrounding it because they don't look necessarily Japanese but with the 3rd movie they definitely have that look in live-action and hiring actors would be very hard because I doubt they have that kind of budget since they had to downgrade the Anime to a Sub with no VA's (on Animax) and even if they just changed the segments to realistic looking Anime (like in YW3) it would ruin the real-world theme they're going for. :)

        Loading editor
    • Wowee, I thought I was the only person who would agree with skipping movie 3. Though there is a catch, they could just.. remake it entirely, maybe even make it better as to be honest, the plot probably wouldn't catch the main demographic until like.. near the end, I don't think I'm allowed to spoil it. Every thing is great, but.. what about Yo-kai Watch!

        Loading editor
    • Koma San Swirls wrote:
      Wowee, I thought I was the only person who would agree with skipping movie 3. Though there is a catch, they could just.. remake it entirely, maybe even make it better as to be honest, the plot probably wouldn't catch the main demographic until like.. near the end, I don't think I'm allowed to spoil it. Every thing is great, but.. what about Yo-kai Watch!

      I think they'd still -unfortunately- have to dub or sub it because it's probably gonna feel a bit weird if they didn't put it in the US because what would they do between that and whatever would be afterwards?

        Loading editor
    • I see your point.

        Loading editor
    • In an attempt to be realistic with YW's current state, if they don't just cut everything off where we are:

      • No Busters 2
      • No Movie 2 or 3
      • M4+Shadowside, likely for a streaming service like Netflix, early 2020
      • Potentially use Shadowside to relaunch the brand a bit
      • Have those coincide with YW4 localization in mid 2020
      • No M5, regardless of its connection to YW4
        Loading editor
    • 2019:

      • Release Season 4 Dub
        • (Eps. 130, 143, 147-149, 151, 152-163, 175, 179-209, 211, 212, 214)
      • Release Movie 2 Dub

      2020:

      • Release Movie 4 Dub
      • Release Shadowside Dub
        • Season (Eps. 1-26), Season 2 (Eps. 27-49)

      2021:

      • Release Movie 5 Dub
      • Release YW4
        Loading editor
    • CoinsCP wrote:
      In an attempt to be realistic with YW's current state, if they don't just cut everything off where we are:
      • No Busters 2
      • No Movie 2 or 3
      • M4+Shadowside, likely for a streaming service like Netflix, early 2020
      • Potentially use Shadowside to relaunch the brand a bit
      • Have those coincide with YW4 localization in mid 2020
      • No M5, regardless of its connection to YW4

      I don't trust Netflix with the Yo-kai Watch Anime since they never have (or probably will) put on season 2.

        Loading editor
    • Also everybody, are we all forgetting that Yo-kai Watch has become a Sub now? :I

      Just go here for more info

        Loading editor
    • Clawnyan wrote: Also everybody, are we all forgetting that Yo-kai Watch has become a Sub now? :I

      Just go here for more info

      The subs premiere on Animax Asia which don't air outside of Asia, and those subs have existed before, but stopped for unknown reasons.

        Loading editor
    • Jordancon2000 wrote:

      Clawnyan wrote: Also everybody, are we all forgetting that Yo-kai Watch has become a Sub now? :I

      Just go here for more info

      The subs premiere on Animax Asia which don't air outside of Asia, and those subs have existed before, but stopped for unknown reasons.

      ok

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.