- Yo-kai Watch: Befriending Yo-kai
Timidevil appears to look like a small stereotypical devil that has pink skin with small red wings and tail that has zig-zag design, pointed ears and nose with strange headgear. He wields an over-sized pitchfork and has a constant look of unease on his face with sweat. His headgear and ears droop downwards. His brown hands has claws and has two bracelets, he also has brown pants with kneecaps.
Timidevil is constantly afraid of seemingly anything and everything, in spite of his latent power.
Timidevil makes anyone he possesses very timid and afraid of everything much like he is.
Timidevil is shown to admire Whisper in that even though he's scared he still able to show himself to humans.
In the anime, he possesses a device called the Scare-D-Meter that can measure anyone’s anxiousness level.
Timidevil appears on Liar Mountain, Hooligan Road and the Yo-kai World Bridge in the Yo-kai World.
He also appears in the 7th circle of Infinite Inferno.
Timidevil appears on Hooligan Road in the Yokai World.
Yo-kai Watch Animation series
Timidevil first appeared in EP087, where he makes Nate's dad act like a coward. After seeing Whisper try to help Nate despite being afraid of revealing that he doesn't know anything about Yo-kai, Timidevil was inspired. Timidevil told Whisper he was impressed by him working through his fear (though Whisper wasn't very receptive), and gave Nate his medal.
Yo-kai Watch 3
Timidevil can be found in East Pine under cars.
- Befriended: "You're too strong! What do I do?"
- Loafing: "I'm scared!"
- Receiving food (favourite): "I-I liked it..."
- Receiving food (normal):
- Receiving food (disliked):
- Freed from the Crank-a-kai (Yo-kai Watch: Wibble Wobble): "You gave me the fright of my life! You could have warned me you were coming!"
- "Timidevil" is a portmanteau of timid and devil.
- "Debibiru" is a combination of the English devil and bibiru (ビビる, "chickening out").
- "Schämon" is a combination of schämen (to be ashamed) and dämon (demon).
- "Timidiablo" is a combination of "Tímido" (Shy) and "Diablo" (Devil).
In other languages
- Japanese: デビビル Debibiru
- Korean: 쫄데빌 Jjoldebil
- Spanish: Timidiablo
- French: Timidémon
- German: Schämon
- Portuguese (Brazil): Inibidiabo