A Yo-kai Hero (Japanese: 妖怪
They contain a stronger power than the Onryo or Yo-kai themselves, each of them giving off a unique appearance and power they can fight opponents with. Their attacks are represented by Command Medals which can be activated when inserted into the YSP Watch.
It has a alternate hero form called Majin Hero.
It has another variant called Ancient Yo-kai Hero, where this the fusion of the original Yo-kai Hero with the power of the Classic Yo-kai.
- 1 Overview
- 2 List of Yo-kai Heroes
- 3 List of Exclusive Yo-kai Heroes
- 4 List of Majin Heroes
- 5 List of Ancient Yo-kai Heroes
- 6 List of Onnen Heroes
- 7 Summoning Chant
- 7.1 Transformation Song Phrase (YSP Watch)
- 7.2 Transformation Song Phrase (YSP Watch Zero)
- 7.3 Transformation Song Phrase (YSP Watch Viper Connector)
- 7.4 Transformation Song Phrase (UR Watch)
- 7.5 Transformation Song Phrase (Majin Watch)
- 7.6 Transformation Song
- 7.7 Command (YSP Watch)
- 7.8 Command (YSP Watch Zero)
- 7.9 Command (YSP Watch Viper Connector)
- 7.10 Command (UR Watch)
- 7.11 Command (Majin Watch)
- 8 Etymology
- 9 Origin
- 10 Trivia
A human can transform into a Yo-kai Hero by putting in the Y Medal of the Yo-kai Hero when their respective Onryo are around. The YSP Watch is turned anti-clockwise while the summoning jingle plays and transforms the bearer into the hero itself, giving them strength to fight enemies.
Each Yo-kai Hero has a specific power that can be altered by putting in different kinds of Command Y Medals, giving the hero a unique ability.
List of Yo-kai Heroes
|Yo-kai Hero||Appearance||Watcher||Yo-kai/Onryo/Alien||Y Medal||First Appearance|
|Blue Moon||YG022 (medal only)|
YG023 (full appearance)
|Earth Walker||YG016 (cameo; flashback)|
YG037 (full appearance)
|Earth Walker NOA||YG049|
|Earth Walker NOA Armored||YG049 (medal only)|
YG051 (full appearance)
|Little Kommander Ace||YG049 (medal only)|
YG050 (full appearance)
|Clock Lady||YG003 (medal only)|
YG004 (full appearance)
|Deep Shadow Galaxy||—||YG026 (command medal only)|
YG029 (full appearance)
|Deep Shadow Zodiac||—||YG051|
|Sky Snaker||—||YG023 (cameo)|
YG024 (full appearance)
|T-Dine||YG028 (cameo as Mysterious Hero)|
YG044 (first appearance)
|Last T-Dine||YG048 (silhouette; cameo)|
YG051 (full appearance)
List of Exclusive Yo-kai Heroes
|Yo-kai Hero||Appearance||Watcher||Yo-kai/Onryo||Y Medal||First Appearance|
|Kengo Benimaru (Holy Sword Version)||—||Yo-kai Watch: Wibble Wobble|
|Kengo Benimaru (Blue Attire)||—||—||—||Keystone Exclusive|
|Yoroi Musha Benimaru||—||—||Medal Exclusive|
|Yami Shishi O||—||_||Medal Exclusive|
|Yami Ninetail||-||-||Medal Exclusive|
|Yami Clock Lady||-||-||Medal Exclusive|
|Yami Mist Shadow||-||—||Medal Exclusive|
List of Majin Heroes
List of Ancient Yo-kai Heroes
List of Onnen Heroes
Transformation Song Phrase (YSP Watch)
When a Yo-kai Hero's medal is inserted into the YSP Watch, the watch says: Y! ♪Changing Form Yo-kai Hero!♪ (Japanese: ウーイ！ ♪チェンジフォーム 妖怪ヒーロー！♪ Wai! ♪Chenjifōmu yōkai hīrō!♪)
Transformation Song Phrase (YSP Watch Zero)
When a Yo-kai Hero's medal is inserted into the YSP Watch Zero, it says: ♪Hero Change!♪ (Japanese: ♪英傑変化！♪ ♪Eiketsu henka!♪)
Transformation Song Phrase (YSP Watch Viper Connector)
When a Yo-kai Hero's medal is inserted into the YSP Watch Viper Connector, it says: ♪Snake! Are you heavy?♪ (Japanese: ♪スネーク！ アー ユー ヘビー？♪ ♪Sunēku! Ā yū hebī?♪)
Transformation Song Phrase (UR Watch)
When a Yo-kai Hero's medal is inserted into the UR Watch, it says: Ultimate! ♪Revolution Change Hero!♪ (Japanese: アルティメット！ ♪レボリューション チェンジヒーロー！♪ Arutimetto! ♪Reboryūshon Chenji Hīrō!♪)
When the bezel is turned to Transformation Mode, it says: ♪Yo! Come on! Yo! Come on!♪ (Japanese: ♪よ！ カモン！ よ！ カモン！♪ ♪Yō! Kamon! Yō! Kamon!♪), if the button is pressed, it will play the transformation song of the Yo-kai Hero.
Transformation Song Phrase (Majin Watch)
When a Yo-kai Hero's medal is inserted into the Majin Watch, it says:
♪Y! Y! Yo-kai! Heroes!♪ (Japanese: ♪ワイ！ ワイ！ 妖怪！ ヒーローズ！♪ ♪Wai! Wai! Yōkai! Hīrōzu!♪)
Command (YSP Watch)
When a command medal is inserted into the YSP Watch, it says: Y! Execute! (Japanese: ウーイ！ エグゼキュート！ Wai! Eguzekyūto!)
Command (YSP Watch Zero)
When a command medal is inserted into the YSP Watch Zero, it says: Glorious Execution! (Japanese: 英名実行！ Eimei Jikkō!)
Command (YSP Watch Viper Connector)
When a command medal is inserted into the YSP Watch Viper Connector, it says: Snake! Execute! (Japanese: スネーク！ エグゼキュート！ Sunēku! Eguzekyūto!)
Command (UR Watch)
When a command medal is inserted into the UR Watch, it says: Ultimate! Revolution Execute! (Japanese: アルティメット！ レボリューション エグゼキュート！ Arutimetto! Reboryūshon eguzekyūto!)
Command (Majin Watch)
When a command medal is inserted into the Majin Watch, it says:
As the name implies, they are superheroes possessed by Yo-kai.
They may be inspired by tokusatsu heroes, mostly Kamen Rider.
- Some Yo-kai Heroes introduced in Yo-kai Watch Jam - Yo-kai Academy Y: Close Encounters of the N Kind (Clock Lady, Wild Boy, Mist Shadow, Blue Moon, Sky Snaker, The Viper, Shining Boy, Deep Shadow Galaxy, Earth Walker, Momonga Lady, T Dine, Earth Walker NOA, Little Kommander Ace, Earth Walker NOA Armored, Last T-Dine, Deep Shadow Zodiac, Black Cat, Ashura Gilfer, Fudo Riser, Susano Bladus, Amateraia, Shikkokumaru, Rokuro Rocks, Bay Kappa, Namahage O, Zashiki Kommander, Ningyo Lady, Tengu the Nine, Deep Shadow Ancient, MT Bouncer, Terranog and Earthman) have their names in English, written with Japanese Katakana.
- Yami Mist Shadow, Yami Clock Lady , Momonga Lady, Ashura Gilfer, Fudo Riser, and Susano Bladus are the only six Yo-kai Heroes with both English name written in Japanese Katakana and Japanese name.
- All the Heroes that do not have the Yo-kai Watch Master possessed by an Onryo still have the same voice actor as the Watch Master. (E.g., Mist Shadow, Deep Shadow Galaxy, Sky Snaker, The Viper)
- Kengo Benimaru, Shishi O, Momotaromaru, Yami Shishi O, Yami Ninetail , Yoroi Musha Benimaru, Shikkokumaru and Amateraia are the only eight Yo-kai Heroes with a Japanese name.
- Shishi O, Ninetail, Clock Lady and Mist Shadow are currently four Yo-kai Heroes to have a Yami variant of the respective Yo-kai Hero.
- In the anime, it has been shown that Yo-kai heroes can interchange between forms even when transformed.
- In the anime, it has been shown that the Watch Master's spirit can be seen beside their respective Yo-kai Hero.
- This can be seen in YG003 (Jinpei and Kengo Benimaru), YG023 (Jinpei and Blue Moon), YG029 (Ranto and Mist Shadow), YG030 (Kyubi and Ninetail), YG043 (Kuka and Momonga Lady), YG045 (Mataro and T-Dine) and YG050 (Fubuki and Clock Lady), (Mera and Shishi O), (Chiaki and Sky Snaker), (Nozuchika and The Viper), (Koma and Little Kommander Ace).
- Little Kommander is currently the only Yo-kai Hero to have his voice actress protraying him, his Watch Master, as well as the Onryo needed to possess that Watch Master.
- Momonga Lady is the only non-Majin Yo-kai Hero to lack a second/Majin form.