Yo-kai Watch Busters 2: Secret Treasure of the Legendary Banbarayar (Japanese: 妖怪ウォッチバスターズ2 秘宝伝説バンバラヤー Yōkai Wotchi Basutāzu Tsū: Hihō Densetsu Banbarayā), more simply known as just "Yo-kai Watch Busters 2", is a role-playing strategy game developed for the Nintendo 3DS by Level-5 and is the sequel to Yo-kai Watch Blasters.
Yo-kai Watch Busters 2: Secret Treasure of the Legendary Banbarayar - Sword (Japanese: 妖怪ウォッチバスターズ2 秘宝伝説バンバラヤー ソード Yōkai Wotchi Basutāzu Tsū: Hihō Densetsu Banbarayā - Sōdo) and Yo-kai Watch Busters 2: Secret Treasure of the Legendary Banbarayar - Magnum (Japanese: 妖怪ウォッチバスターズ2 秘宝伝説バンバラヤー マグナム Yōkai Wotchi Basutāzu Tsū: Hihō Densetsu Banbarayā - Magunamu) was released in Japan on December 16, 2017.
The game takes place on Karakuri Island to take the treasure of the Pirate King.
Yo-kai Watch Busters 2 was announced in the August 2017 issue of CoroCoro magazine. Only the title was revealed as well it's release window in the winter of 2017. An official website was made, revealing the storyline of the video game and its handheld it would be on.
In the September 2017 issue of CoroCoro magazine, they revealed the game version titles, known as Yo-kai Watch Busters 2: Sword and Yo-kai Watch Busters 2: Magnum. Level-5 uploaded an official trailer of the game and more of the game were explained during the Japanese Nintendo Direct of September 14, 2017.
Level-5 announced in November that the games were pushed back from their original December 7 release date to December 16 in order to apply last-minute quality improvements to the games.
Famitsu gave Yo-kai Watch Busters 2 a 37 out of 40, which is one score higher than the original game.
This game among fans is considered to be the worst of the series, due to the mass amount of glitches present. Several examples include missing dialogue and models, Yo-kai disappearing after a friend opportunity, and areas where the player or cpu-controlled Yo-kai can get stuck.
The release date around the holiday season and minor delay made several fans think this video game was rushed. That can be proved by some hardly thought-out elements.
Even though multiple patches were made with compensation included like free Five-Star Coins, several of the other glitches weren't fixed and new ones were created in the process. All of this likely prevented the game from getting any further updates, and the lifespan of the Nintendo 3DS was near it's end.
- Yo-kai Watch Busters 2 is the second Yo-kai Watch game to be outsourced by another developer. The first was Yo-kai Watch Dance: Just Dance Special Version, as Just Dance games are developed around Europe, mostly in Ubisoft Paris.
- This game and Yo-kai Sangokushi are the only Nintendo 3DS games not to be localised outside of Japan.
- It is the second Yo-kai Watch game to not have a third version, likely due to the low sales and negative reception the game received.
- Yo-kai Watch Busters 2 is the final Yo-kai Watch game and LEVEL-5 title to be developed for the Nintendo 3DS.
- On January 15, 2019, the official English Yo-kai Watch Twitter account had taken interest in localising the video game, but their decision would have to be made with Level-5.
- This is the last Yo-kai Watch video game to be released in the Heisei Period.
- ↑ 『妖怪ウォッチバスターズ2 秘宝伝説バンバラヤー』の発売日が12月16日（土）に変更 - Famitsu
- ↑ https://twitter.com/YokaiWatchNews/status/1085265873290448896
|Yo-kai Watch Video Game Series|
|Mainline games||Yo-kai Watch(3DS • Switch • Smartphone) • Yo-kai Watch 2 • Yo-kai Watch 3|
Yo-kai Watch 4
|Spin-off games||Yo-kai Watch Blasters • Yo-kai Watch Busters 2|
Yo-kai Sangokushi • Yo-kai Watch Dance: Just Dance Special Version
|Applications||Yo-kai Watch: Wibble Wobble • Yo-kai Watch Land|
Yo-kai Taiso Dai-ichi Puzzle da nyan • Yo-kai Watch: Gerapo Rhythm • Yo-kai Watch World • Yo-kai Watch: Medal Wars • Yo-kai Daijiten
|Arcade Games||Yo-kai Watch Tomodachi Ukiukipedia/Dream/Shadowside • Yo-kai Watch Busters: Iron Oni Force|