- If you were looking for the location that acts as the final area in the Yo-kai Watch video game, see here.
It is a spiritual realm full of Yo-kai of many different variants and species, ruled by a member of the Enma Clan. There are known to be many different parts, with some of them being home to specific Yo-kai of a certain type (like 'Merican Yo-kai in New Yo-kai City).
Technology is also known to exist, dating back to the 1960s where flip-phones were in existence before they were replaced with newer technology such as the Yo-kai Pad and smartphones, with both of them being produced by Yopple Incorporated.
According to Whisper, it is a realm parallel to and distinct from the human realm, although some Yo-kai leave it behind to cause trouble in the human world.
In the games
The part of the Yo-kai World that corresponds to Springdale in the human world was taken over by McKraken after the passing of Ancient Enma, while Lucas was hidden for his own protection. After McKraken's plans to overwhelm the human world were ultimately foiled by the player character, McKraken sent all of his forces to invade the human realm, only to encounter stiff resistance from the Yo-kai already aligned with the humans. Whisper suggested sealing all entrances to and from the Yo-kai World, including the Yo-kai Elevator. However, this forces all Yo-kai, both good and bad, to return to their home dimension until the crisis was solved.
Lord Enma did not learn of this incident until after it was solved, but he became interested in Springdale and its Yo-kai's way of life as a result.
In EP027, Steve Jaws unveiled the new Yo-kai Watch Model Zero which resulted in a big sale in "Yo-kai-lifornia" that Nate and most of the Yo-kai up to that episode took part in. Nate, Whisper and Jibanyan were able to obtain a copy of the Model Zero despite the interference caused by K'mon-K'mon.
Parts of The Yo-kai World
- Dream Land
- Wiihaiian Resort
- The only main game where the final boss is not fought somewhere in the Yo-kai World is Yo-kai Watch 2.
- Though regular Money (Yen or Dollars) are accepted in the Yo-kai World, Bbucks are accepted in Yo-kai Watch 3 instead.
- The concept map for New Yo-kai City says "Yo-kai World USA", implying that it may be located in it's equivalent BBQ location.
In other languages
- Italian: Yo-kai World (game) Mondo degli Yo-kai (anime)
- Portuguese (Brazil): Yo-kai World (game) Mundo dos Yo-kais (anime)
- French: Yo–kai World (game)
- German: Yo–kai World (game)
- Spanish: Yo–kai World (game)
- Russian: Мир Йо–каев Mir Yo-kaev